1. Which of the following is/are the official languages of UNO?
There are six official languages in UNO. They are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish
2. Which of the following country was not a part of ‘Big Four’?
Big Four: These are the leaders of the four great powered countries. President Woodrow Wilson – USA, Prime Minister David Lloyd George- UK, George Clemenceau – France and Prime Minister Vittorio Orlando – Italy
3. In which of the following years ‘Paris Peace Conference’ took place?
After the World War I, the allied victors set the peace terms. The Conference took place in Paris in the year 1919. Hence it is also called the Paris Peace Conference.
4. Which of the following statements is/are true?
5. The term ‘United Nations’ was coined by
Franklin Roosevelt was the President of USA from March 4, 1933 to April 12, 1945. The term ‘United Nations’ was first officially used on January 1, 1942
6. Which of the following day is celebrated as ‘UN day’?
The United Nations officially came into existence on October 24, 1945.
7. When India became a member of UNO?
India was a founding member in October 1945, despite it being a British colony. India, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia were all British colonies but were given independent seats in the United Nations General Assembly. India gained full independence in 1947.
8. Which of the following is the latest country to become a member of UNO? (As of May 2019)
193rd member was the South Sudan on July 14, 2011. Palestine requested for the membership in the UN as 194th member. So far it did not get the membership (May 2019)
Share your Results: