1. Who among the following has been chosen for 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been awarded to John B Goodenough, M Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino for the development of lithium-ion batteries.
2. Recently how many new moons of Saturn were discovered? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
20 new moons of Saturn were discovered. With this Saturn has a total of 82 moons today. It is the highest of any planet in solar system. Till date Jupiter had the highest number of moons. It has 79 moons. The newly discovered moons belong to Norse group.
3. What is the rank of India in Global Competitiveness Index? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Global Competitiveness Index compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF). India has slipped 10 spots to rank 68th out of 141 surveyed countries Singapore, on the other hand, replaced the United States as the world's most competitive economy. Hong Kong SAR came in at 3rd position while Netherlands was ranked 4th and Switzerland at 5th spot.
4. Headquarters of International Court of Arbitration is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
5. C40 cities Summit is being held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
C40 cities Summit is to take place in Copenhagen between 9th October and 12th October, 2019.
6. Headquarters of United Nations Development Programme is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The United Nations Development Programme is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. Headquarters of UNDP is located in New York Note: Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India jointly launched Youth Co:Lab. The lab aims at accelerating social entrepreneurship and innovation in young India and to recognize young people as critical drivers of sustainable development.
7. India is procuring Rafale multi-role fighter jets from:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
8. World Post Day is observed on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Post day happens each year on October 9, the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union (UPU), which started in 1874 in Switzerland. Universal Postal Union established by the Treaty of Bern of 1874, is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) that coordinates postal policies among member nations, in addition to the worldwide postal system. It is second oldest international organization worldwide after International Telecommunication Union (ITU) which was established in 1865 French is the official language of the UPU. English was added as a working language in 1994. Headquarters of Universal Postal Union is located in Bern, Switzerland
9. Kigali agreement is related to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Kigali agreement is an amendment to Montreal Protocol. As per the agreement, these countries are expected to reduce the manufacture and use of Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) by roughly 80-85% from their respective baselines, till 2045. This phase down is expected to arrest the global average temperature rise up to 0.5o C by 2100.
10. Bhilai steel plant is setup with the help of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP), located in Chhattisgarh. It was set up with the help of the USSR in 1955 Note: Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP), is located in Odisha. It is the first integrated steel plant in the public sector in India. It was set up with West Germany in 1960 Durgapur Steel Plant is located in West Bengal. It was set up with the help of United Kingdom
11. The Nobel Prize 2019 for Chemistry has been awarded for developing:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Nobel Prize 2019 for Chemistry has been awarded to John B Goodenough, Stanley Whittingham, and Akira Yoshino for the developing the lithium-ion batteries
12. India International Cooperative Trade Fair will be held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A three-day India International Cooperative Trade Fair will be held in New Delhi from 11th of this month. The first-ever such fair is aimed at promoting cooperative to cooperative trade within India and abroad leading to enhanced rural and farm prosperity.
13. GDP deflator is available on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
GDP deflator is available only on a quarterly basis along with GDP estimates, whereas CPI and WPI data are released every month.
14. The part of the fiscal deficit that financed out of borrowing from the RBI is known as:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Monetized Fiscal Deficit is that part of the fiscal deficit financed out of borrowing from the RBI. It indicates borrowings from the RBI to run the budget.
15. Thangjam Tababi Devi is associated with which sports? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Share your Results: