1. India’s first e-waste clinic to be set up in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) and the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) have joined hands to set up the country’s first e-waste clinic here, that would enable segregation, processing and disposal of waste from both household and commercial units.
2. Which of the following is nominated as the Central Nodal Agency to facilitate installation of Electric Vehicles Charging Infrastructure in India? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
In a major decision to give a boost to Electric Vehicles in country, Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy (IC) and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri RK Singh has approved amendments in Electric Vehicle Charging Guidelines and Specifications. As per revised guide lines, • At least one Charging Station to be available in a grid of 3 Km x 3 Km in the cities and one Charging Station at every 25 Km on both sides of highways/roads All Mega Cities & expressways connected to these Mega Cities to be taken up for coverage in first phase, other big cities to be taken up in second phase • For inter-city travel, Fast Charging Station to be installed at every 100 Kms • Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) nominated as the Central Nodal Agency to facilitate installation of Charging Infrastructure
3. National Multi-Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (NMCE) is regulated by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
4. 39th World Congress of Poets was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
39th World Congress of Poets was inaugurated at the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology. Theme: Compassion through Poetry.
5. Who among the following received 2019 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 2019 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine has been awarded to scientists William G Kaelin, Jr, Peter J Ratcliffe and Gregg L Semenza. They received the award jointly for their discoveries of "how cells sense and adapt to oxygen availability
6. Who among the following has been selected for Asia Environmental Enforcement Award? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian Forest Service officer Ramesh Pandey has been selected for the prestigious Asia Environmental Enforcement Award by the United Nations Environment Programme. He is known for his investigation and intelligence gathering on poachers. About UNEP: United Nations Environment Programme is a programme of the United Nations that coordinates the organization's environmental activities and assists developing countries in implementing environmentally sound policies and practices. HQ of UNEP is located in Nairobi, Kenya
7. Recently which of the following organization hosted World Cotton Day? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Cotton Day being observed from 7th October to 11th October 2019 in Geneva. Organised by the World Trade Organisation (WTO) in collaboration with the Secretariats of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC). WTO is hosting the event at the request of the Cotton – 4 countries, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali.
8. Recently monetary assistance provided to the families of battle casualties has increased to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Union Government has decided to increase the monetary assistance provided to the families of battle casualties from the existing Rs 2 lakh to Rs 8 lakh. The monetary assistance can be available by the families of all categories of battle casualties. The funds will be provided through the Army Battle Casualties Welfare Fund.
9. India's first plastic to diesel conversion plant was inaugurated in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Country’s first plastic to diesel conversion plant was inaugurated in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
10. Information Fusion Centre – Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR) is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The IFC-IOR was inaugurated 2018 within the premises of the Navy’s Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) in Gurugram. The IMAC is the single point centre linking all the coastal radar chains to generate a seamless real-time picture of the nearly 7,500-km coastline.
11. Article 371 in the Indian Constitution is related to? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
12. Which of the following is associated with Global Atlas for Renewable Energy? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Global Atlas for Renewable Energy is a web platform that allows its users to find maps of renewable energy resources for locations across the world. The initiative, coordinated by IRENA is aimed at closing the gap between countries that have access to the necessary data and expertise to evaluate the potential for renewable energy deployment in their countries and those that lack these elements. Note: International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is an intergovernmental organization to promote adoption and sustainable use of renewable energy. It was founded in 2009 and its statute entered into force on 8 July 2010. The agency is headquartered in Abu Dhabi
13. MOSAiC expedition is related to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Multidisciplinary drifting Observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate expedition is a one-year-long expedition into the Central Arctic, planned to take place from 2019 to 2020
14. The governing body of Rapid Action Force (RAF) is:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Rapid Action Force (RAF) is a specialized wing of the Indian CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) to deal with riot and crowd control situations. It is formed in 1992 with headquarters at New Delhi Its motto is “Serving Humanity with Sensitive Policing”
Share your Results: