1. Recently Army's biggest mountain combat exercise 'Him Vijay' was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
“Exercise ‘Him Vijay' has begun in Arunachal Pradesh. The exercise is to test mobility, communication and coordination of such huge body of fast-moving troops in difficult terrain.
2. Wildlife Week is celebrated every year in the month of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Wildlife Week is celebrated every year from 2 to 8 October in India. The main objective of this campaign is to promote the conservation and protection of animal life. The event is organized by National Board of Wildlife Theme: Life Below Water: For people and planet
3. In which year Financial Action Task Force was formed? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Financial Action Task Force is an intergovernmental organization founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001 its mandate expanded to include terrorism financing. Headquarters of FATF is located in Paris To deal with the nexus of terrorist groups India called for increased cooperation between the United Nations (UN) and the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
4. World Animal Day is observed on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Animal Day is an international day of action for animal rights and welfare celebrated annually on October 4, the feast day of Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals
5. Alphonso mangoes of which state got Geographical Indication (GI) tag? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Alphonso also known as Hapus mangoes from Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Palghar, Thane and Raigad of Maharashtra have been given Geographical Indication (GI) tag. The registration of GI is valid for 10 years after which it needs to be renewed Alphonso mango is considered as king of mangos Note: A Geographical Indication or a GI is a sign used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin. Such a name conveys an assurance of quality and distinctiveness which is essentially attributable to its origin in that defined geographical locality. The first product to get a GI tag in India was Darjeeling tea in 2004. There are a total of 325 products from India that carry this indication. Other examples of products from India with a GI tag are Mahabaleshwar Strawberry, Blue Pottery of Jaipur, Banarasi Sarees, and Tirupati Laddus.
6. Recently Which PSU company has announced to launch an initiative to turn plastic into bitumen? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Country's largest PSU oil refiner and retailer Indian Oil Corporation has taken up various initiatives to support the government's drive to eliminate single use plastic by converting these toxic wastes to productive use. The company will use its refinery operations to convert the single use plastic waste into a specialised bitumen that can be used for construction of roads and highways. A pilot project has been done at Faridabad via the creation of a "Single Use Waste Plastic" based bituminous road. The company will commercially supply the specialised bitumen for use in road construction going ahead.
7. Kosi-Mechi interlinking project is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Cabinet has approved Rs. 4,900 crore for Kosi-Mechi interlinking project in Bihar. It is the country's second major river interlinking project after Ken-Betwa of Madhya Pradesh
8. ISRO’s pace Situational Awareness Control Centre to be set up in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has laid the foundation stone for the Space Situational Awareness Control Centre in Bengaluru.
9. Under Genome India Initiative, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) plans to scan how many Indian genomes? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Under Genome India Initiative, the Department of Biotechology (DBT) plans to scan nearly 20,000 Indian genomes over the next 5 years, in a two-phase exercise, and develop diagnostic tests that can be used to test for cancer.
10. Which of the following ministry launched IMPRINT initiative? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
IMPRINT is the first of its kind MHRD supported Pan-IIT + IISc joint initiative to address the major science and engineering challenges that India must address and champion to enable, empower and embolden the nation for inclusive growth and self-reliance. This novel initiative with twofold mandate is aimed at: (a) Developing new engineering education policy (b) Creating a road map to pursue engineering challenges
11. Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air missiles (QRSAM) has been developed to replace which of the following missile? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air missiles (QRSAM) has been developed to replace the ‘Akash’ missile defence system, and has 360-degree coverage. It uses solid fuel propellant and has a strike range of 25-30 km with the capability of hitting multiple targets. It is capable of hitting the low flying objects.
12. Who among the following acts as head of National Security council? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
National Security Council (NSC) of India is an executive government agency tasked with advising the Prime Minister's Office on matters of national security and strategic interest. It was established by the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government on 19 November 1998, with Brajesh Mishra as the first National Security Advisor. Prior to the formation of the NSC, these activities were overseen by the Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister. Besides the National Security Advisor (NSA), The Deputy National Security Advisor (DNSA), The Ministers of Defence, External Affairs, Home, Finance of the Government of India, and the Deputy Chairman of the NITI Aayog are members of the National Security Council. Other members may be invited to attend its monthly meetings, as and when required. The NSC is the apex body of the three-tiered structure of the national security management system in India. The other two tiers are the Strategic Policy Group, and the National Security Advisory Board
13. Recently who among the following has become the most capped Indian in T20Is? Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com
Indian T20I captain Harmanpreet Kaur created history by becoming the only player from the country to feature in 100 T20 international matches.
Share your Results: