1. Recently who among the following has been appointed as the executive director of the International Monetary Fund? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Government has appointed economist Surjit Bhalla as the executive director of the International Monetary Fund for a period of three years.
2. 11th DefExpo will be held in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 11th biennial edition of DefExpo India- 2020 is scheduled to be held for the first time in Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow. It offers an excellent opportunity for the Indian defence industry to showcase its capabilities and promote its export potential. Main theme of the DefExpo India- 2020 will be ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’ and focus will be on ‘Digital Transformation of Defence’.
3. 64th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference (CPC-2019) was held in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Recently, India has strongly opposed Pakistan’s propaganda on Kashmir at the General Assembly of 64th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference (CPC-2019) in Uganda’s capital Kampala.
4. Who among the following has been awarded India's Most Powerful Women in Media award at British Parliament? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian journalist Kallie Puri was honoured with “India’s Most Powerful Women in Media” award. She received the global honour at the prestigious Confluence Excellence Awards at the British Parliament
5. Who among the following has been appointed as new Principal Director General of Press Information Bureau (PIB)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Centre appointed senior Indian Information Service (IIS) official KS Dhatwalia as the new Director General of the Press Information Bureau (PIB). Dhatwalia will become the 28th DG of the PIB succeeding incumbent Sitanshu Ranjan Kar.
6. Which country is not a member in USMCA agreement? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
USA, Mexico and Canada signed an agreement. The new deal, will be called the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, or USMCA. It replaces the 24-year-old North American Free Trade Agreement.
7. International Day of Non-Violence is observed on: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
International Day of Non-Violence is observed every year on the occasion of birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on 02 October.
8. Which of the following is named as SA-21 Growler by NATO? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The S-400 Triumf — NATO calls it SA-21 Growler — is a modern long-range surface-to-air missile (MLR SAM) system developed by Russia. India and Russia have been discussing the purchase of the S-400 Triumf since 2015. Several countries have shown interest in the S-400, which is considered way ahead of the American THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) system though both are different weapon systems. The missile system integrates a multifunction radar, autonomous detection and targeting systems, anti-aircraft missile systems, launchers, and command and control centre. It can provide a layered defence as it is capable of firing three types of missiles. The S-400 Trimuf can engage all types of aerial targets such as aircraft, ballistic and cruise missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), which are within the range of 400km, at an altitude of up to 30km. It can track 100 airborne targets, including super fighters such as the American built F-35, and engage six of them simultaneously.
9. Sumit Nagal is associated with which sports? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
In Tennis, Sumit Nagal from Haryana has won the men’s singles title of 2019 ATP Challenger Tournament at Buenos Aires in Argentina. With this feat, Nagal became first Indian to win on South American clay court.
10. The disease polio is caused by: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Polio is a highly infectious disease caused by a virus. It invades the nervous system, and can cause total paralysis (Acute flaccid Paralysis) in a matter of hours. There are three types of polio virus strains - P1, P2 and P3.
11. The famous Gujarati hymn 'Vaishnav Jan To Tene Kahiye’ was penned by: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The famous Gujarati hymn was penned by the 15th-century poet Narsimha Mehta and was one of the favourites of Mahatma Gandhi who included it into the roster of daily prayers sung before his meetings. As part of the 150th Birth Anniversary Celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi, artists from over 124 countries paid musical tribute to the 'Father of The Nation' by singing his favourite bhajan 'Vaishnav Jan To Tene Kahiye
12. Section 2(h) of the RTI Act defines: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Share your Results: