1. World Zoonoses Day is held every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Zoonoses Day is held every year on July 6. The day commemorates July 6, 1885, when Louis Pasteur successfully administered the first vaccine against Rabies virus, a zoonotic disease
2. Who among the following is the head of task force that has suggested the development of a National Project Management Policy Framework for the effective execution of public sector and public-private partnership infrastructure projects? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A task force on project management, headed by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant, has suggested the development of a National Project Management Policy Framework for the effective execution of public sector and public-private partnership infrastructure projects. It has also recommended the setting up of a nodal body for the certification of chartered project management professionals to create world-class infrastructure.
3. The SWIFT India and South Asia Conference held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The SWIFT India and South Asia Conference was held successfully at the St Regis Mumbai
4. India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO) will come up in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian government has informed that the India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO) to set up at Pottipuram in Theni District of Tamil Nadu
5. Recently which new method has been developed for predicting monsoon? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Lucrezia Terzi, a researcher at the Belgian Nuclear Research Centre (SCKCEN), has come up with a new way of predicting the monsoon, by measuring how much Beryllium-7, an isotope of the element Beryllium, is present in the air.
6. Recently In which country 'World's smallest' surviving premature baby born? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A US hospital revealed the birth of a baby girl named 'Saybie' and said she's believed to be the world's smallest surviving baby, who weighed 245 grams at birth.
7. India’s first cow sanctuary is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India’s first cow sanctuary, Kamdhenu Gau Abhyaranya in Agar Malwa , set up by the previous BJP-led Madhya Pradesh government in September 2017, will be privatised by the Congress-led government
8. Which state has become the first Indian state to get fund through World Bank’s climate resilience program? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
9. Which Indian personality has been conferred the Honorary Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) of Thailand? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Dr. P Raghu Ram has been conferred the Honorary Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) of Thailand in recognition of his bold vision coupled with an intense body of work that has paved the way for improving breast healthcare in India.
10. In which of the following states Markandeshwar temple is located? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Markandeshwar temple is situated on the bank of River Wainganga in district of Maharashtra. It is in news because the Archaeological Survey of India initiated the large scale restoration work of this temple. It is Known as the “Khajuraho of Vidarbha”, the temples belong to the Nagara group of temples of North India.
11. Which state/UT government has recently launched "Happiness Utsav" in its schools? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Delhi government has recently launched "Happiness Utsav" in its schools to celebrate completion of a year of introduction of its happiness curriculum
12. MOSAIc mission is sometimes seen in news. It is related to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The MOSAiC mission stands for Multidisciplinary drifting Observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate. The scientists from 17 nations will take part in the year-long MOSAiC mission as they anchor the ship to a large piece of Arctic sea ice to study climate change. The German icebreaker RV Polarstern will be the base for scientists studying the impact of climate change on the Arctic and how it could affect the rest of the world. It comes about 125 years after Norwegian explorer Fridtjof Nansen first managed to seal his wooden expedition ship (Fram) into the ice during a three-year expedition to the North Pole.
13. Who among the following Overtakes Bill Gates To Become 2nd Richest Person In The World? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
French Tycoon Bernard Arnault Overtakes Bill Gates to Become 2nd Richest Person In The World
14. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas (KVD), Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has released a Kargil Tribute Song. The song has been composed by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas (KVD) on 26th of July 2019, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has released a Kargil Tribute Song. The song has been composed by Mr Sammer Anjaan, renowned hindi lyricist and sung by Mr Shatadru Kabir. The music has been composed by Mr Raju Singh.
15. As per recent report of Botanical Survey of India, India is home to how many species of orchids? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Botanical Survey of India has come up with the first comprehensive census of orchids of India putting the total number of orchid species or taxa to 1,256. Orchids of India: A Pictorial Guide, a publication detailing all the species of India was unveiled earlier this month by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. The 1,256 species or taxa of orchids belong to 155 genera and 388 species are endemic to India. The publication, authored by Paramjit Singh, former director of BSI, A.A. Mao the present director of the institute A State-wise distribution of orchid species point out that the Himalayas, North-East parts of the country and Western Ghats are the hot-spots of the beautiful plant species. The highest number of orchid species is recorded from Arunachal Pradesh with 612 species, followed by Sikkim 560 species and West Bengal; Darjeeling Himalayas have also high species concentration, with 479 species. While north-east India rank at the top in species concentration, the Western Ghats have high endemism of orchids. There are 388 species of orchids, which are endemic to India of which about one-third (128) endemic species are found in Western Ghats. The publication points out that Kerala has 111 of these endemic species while Tamil Nadu has 92 of them. Among the 10 bio geographic zones of India, the Himalayan zone is the richest in terms of orchid species
16. Researchers from which of the following institutes developed a simple and cost effective filtration system known as Arsiron Nilogon? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Researchers at Assam's Tezpur University have developed a simple and cost-effective filtration system - Arsiron Nilogon - that may help reduce the health burden caused by arsenic and iron contaminated groundwater.
Share your Results: