1. Which month is being observed as Nutrition Month? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
2. How many countries are present in ASEAN? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Association of Southeast Asian Nations is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising ten Southeast Asian countries that promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic, political, security, military, educational, and sociocultural integration amongst its members. Currently it has 10 member states and 2 observer countries Secretariat of ASEAN is located at Jakarta
3. Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership is located in: ? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership is World's first nuclear energy partnership centre at Bahadurgarh, HaryanaIndia. This center will facilitate deliberation and discussions of international experts on various issues including innovation in nuclear reactors and the nuclear fuel cycle, development of proliferation-resistant reactors, security technologies and the effects of radiation exposure
4. An international conference ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat) was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat (ANGAN), an international conference on Energy Efficiency in Building Sector was held in New Delhi. The Conference was organised by India’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
5. What is the theme of 2019 International Literacy day? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The International Literacy Day (ILD) is being observed every year across the world on 8 September The theme of 2019 International Literacy Day (ILD) is “Literacy and Multilingualism”
6. Who among the following won US grand slam men’s title? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Rafael Nadal won his 19th Grand Slam title by winning the US Open final, defeating Daniil Medvedev Note: Bianca Andreescu won US women’s Open title, defeating Serena Williams
7. CNES is the space agency of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
8. Recently which country has been affected by Hurricane Dorian? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has announced an immediate humanitarian assistance of $1 million to help people in Bahamas affected by Hurricane Dorian.
9. The Government of India (GoI) has given ‘In-Principle’ approval for construction and operation of LIGO-India (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory in India) Laboratory in Hingoli District. It is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
This is the 3rd observatory identical to two other LIGO observatories in USA: Hanford (Washington) and Livingston (Louisiana).
10. World Youth Skills Day is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Youth Skills Day (WYSD) is observed every year on July 15.
11. Article-171 of the constitution deals with:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has a bicameral system of legislature. Just as Parliament has two Houses, the states can, if they choose, have a Legislative Council in addition to the Legislative Assembly. The Constitution provides for this option under Article 171. As in Rajya Sabha, members of a Legislative Council are not directly elected by voters. Under Article 171 of the Constitution, the Legislative Council of a state shall not have more than one-third of the total number of MLAs of the state, and not less than 40 members. But in Jammu & Kashmir, as per Section 50 of the state’s Constitution, the Assembly has 87 members and the Legislative Council 36. As with Rajya Sabha MPs, the tenure of a Member of the Legislative Council (MLC) is six years, with one-third of the members retiring every two years. One-third of the MLCs are elected by the state’s MLAs, another 1/3rd by a special electorate comprising sitting members of local governments such as municipalities and district boards, 1/12th by an electorate of teachers and another 1/12th by registered graduates. The remaining members are appointed by the Governor for distinguished services in various fields. Note: Under Article 169, a Legislative Council can be formed “if the Legislative Assembly of the State passes a resolution to that effect by a majority of the total membership of the Assembly and by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members of the Assembly present and voting”
12. India’s first ever helicopter summit was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Union Ministry of Civil Aviation organised country’s first ever helicopter summit at Sahastradhara helidrome in Dehradun Theme of the summit was expanding connectivity through helicopters
Share your Results: