1. How many number of number of heritage sites are present in India?
Pink City' Jaipur made an official entry in the list of the UNESCO World Heritage sites. The decision was taken at the 43rd session of the Unesco World Heritage Committee, which is taking place in Azerbaijan With Jaipur's inclusion, the number of heritage sites across India that are on the UNESCO World Heritage list has grown to 38, including 30 cultural properties, seven natural properties and one mixed site. Note: Jaipur was founded in 1727 CE under Sawai Jai Singh II. The city was proposed to be nominated for its value of being an exemplary development in town planning and architecture that demonstrates an amalgamation and important exchange of ideas in the late medieval period
2. India's first Design Development Center 'Fashionova' was launched in:
India's first Design Development Center 'Fashionova' was launched in the Textile city Surat.
3. Recently in which of the following country, first model village built with Indian assistance under the Model Villages Program was inaugurated?
The first model village built with Indian assistance under the Model Villages Program was inaugurated at Ranidugama in Gampaha in Sri Lanka. It is a part of housing project meant for war affected people and estate workers. The fully constructed houses were handed over to beneficiaries Government of India has partnered with the Ministry of Housing and Construction & Cultural Affairs to build 100 model villages consisting of a total of 2400 houses all across Sri Lanka under Indian grant assistance of 1200 million SLR. These 2400 houses are in addition to the 60,000 houses built under the Indian Housing Project meant for war affected people in the North and East and the estate workers in the plantation areas.
4. According to Henley Passport Index 2019, what is the mobility score of India?
Henley Passport Index 2019 was launched by Henley and Partners. • The Indian passport has been ranked 86 with a mobility score of 58. • Japan and Singapore hold the joint top spot on the Henley Passport Index
5. In which of the following highways India's first highway corridors for e-vehicles will come up?
India's first highway corridors with charging stations for electric vehicles are expected to come up along the Delhi-Jaipur and Delhi-Agra highways by 2020 The combined stretch of the corridors on the Yamuna Expressway (between Delhi and Agra) and the National Highway 48 (between Delhi and Jaipur) will be 500 km, and 18 charging stations will be setup near toll plazas on the two routes
6. Which stat announced to provide Rs 10,000 monthly allowance to Padma Shri awardees belonging to EWS?
Odisha government announced to provide Rs 10,000 monthly allowance to Padma Shri awardees belonging to economically weaker section.
7. Which of the following Banks launched Cen-MARG for processing of retail and MSME loans?
Punjab & Sind Bank set up a centralized hub named "Centralised MSME & Retail Group" (Cen-MARG) for processing retail and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) loans for better efficiency of branches in business acquisition. It is headquartered in New Delhi.
8. What is the range of upgraded Bramhos missile?
India has successfully test-fired a vertical deep dive version of the indigenous BrahMos supersonic missile. The upgraded version of the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile with an enhanced range of up to 500 km is also ready India was now the only country in the world to integrate long-range missiles onto fighter jets after the BrahMos missile was test-fired from a Sukhoi 30 aircraft of the Indian Air Force. Brahmos missile, which cruises at almost three times the speed of sound at Mach 2.8, is the heaviest weapon to be deployed on the Su-30 fighters.
9. Which space agency will launch Dragonfly to search for life on Saturn’s largest moon Titan?
NASA has announced a new mission to Saturn’s moon Titan. NASA plans to launch an unmanned nuclear-powered drone, Dragonfly as early as 2026 to search for life on Saturn's largest moon, Titan The mission will succeed NASA’s Cassini probe, which ended its 13-year mission orbiting Saturn
10. Who among the following wrote ‘Land Registration, Global Practices & Lessons for India’ ?
11. What is the name of India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier?
The country’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC), Vikrant, is in advanced stage of construction and will be delivered to the Navy in 2021 for advanced trials Vikrant, weighing 40,000 tonnes, is being built by Cochin Shipyard Limited. It works on Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery (STOBAR) mechanism similar to the present carrier INS Vikramaditya with an angular ski-jump. The ship is powered by four General Electric (GE) gas turbines. It will operate Russian origin MiG-29K fighters, which also fly from Vikramaditya.
12. Recently ISRO has signed a contract with Glavkosmos company for Gaganyaan proect. The company belongs to which country?
The Indian Space Research Organisation has signed a contract with a Russian company Glavkosmos. The contract has been signed for selection support, medical examination and space training of Indian astronauts for the country’s proposed maiden manned space mission ‘Gaganyaan’. Glavkosmos is a Russian launch service provider and a subsidiary of the state corporation Roscosmos.
13. Which country won FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019?
USA won FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 title after beating Netherlands in final at Lyon, France. Note: Megan Rapinoe won Gold boot award in FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019
14. Elavenil Valarivan is associated with which of the following sports?
Indian shooter Elavenil Valarivan won the gold medal in 10m women's air rifle event of the season's first junior ISSF World Cup. She defeated Chinese Taipei's Lin Ying-Shin to win the title
15. Which country won 2019 Copa America title?
Brazil defeated Peru to win their ninth Copa America title and their first since 2007.
Share your Results: