1. National Institute of Ocean Technology is located in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) was established in November 1993 as an autonomous society under the Ministry of Earth Sciences The institute is based in Chennai. Note: IIT-Madras and National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) are developing better turbines to harness energy from waves along the country's 7,500-km-long coastline, estuaries and gulfs to generate electricity
2. India's first underwater train project will come up in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India's first underwater train will soon get started in Kolkata under the Hubli river. The 16-kilometer long Kolkata Metro project will connect Salt Sector 5 with Howrah Maidan.
3. Which of the following ministry launched e- Rozgar Samachar? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The e-version of Rozgar Samachar launched recently by Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar. The main aim is to make the aspirants aware of job opportunities in government sector including public sector enterprises.
4. Who won the Best Director award at the 66th National Film Awards? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
In 66th National Film Awards • Hellaro, a Gujarati film, won the best film award • Debut filmmaker Aditya Dhar won the best director award for his Uri movie • Padman won the best film on social issues award. • Keerthy Suresh won best actress for her portrayal as iconic yesteryear star Savitri in Telugu film Mahanati
5. Recently how many electric buses are sanctioned under Fame India Phase-II? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Recently government has sanctioned 5,595 electric buses under Fame India Phase-II. FAME: 'Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India’(FAME) was launched to promote manufacturing of electric and hybrid vehicle and to ensure sustainable growth. • It was launched by ‘Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises’.
6. Which state government has appointed a 9-year-old girl Valentina Elangbam as the State’s green ambassador? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Manipur government has appointed a 9-year-old girl Valentina Elangbam as the State’s green ambassador after a video of her crying over felled tree
7. Who among the following is the chairman of National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
8. As per recent report of World Resources Institute (WRI), what is the rank of India among 17 countries which faces huge water stress? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A new data about ‘water stress’ was released by the World Resources Institute (WRI). One-quarter of the world’s population faces “extremely high” levels of baseline water stress. India is 13th among 17 countries which faces huge water stress.
9. 22nd National Conference on e-Governance was held in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
22nd National Conference on e-Governance was held in Meghalaya with the theme “Digital India: Success to Excellence”.
10. As per recent report released by Ministry of health, which state ranked first in sex ratio at birth? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The sex ratio at birth (SRB) in the country, defined as the number of female births per 1,000 male births, improved from 914 to 919 between the third and fourth National Family Health Surveys (NFHS), carried out in 2005-06 and 2015-16 respectively. The highest improvement was in Punjab at 126 points, but its SRB remained among the lowest among the states at 860 in NFHS-4. The sharpest decline was in Sikkim, where the SRB dropped 175 points to reach 809, the lowest among all states in 2015-16.
11. Recently China has gifted P625 warship to: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
12. In which year Lahore-Attari Samjhauta Express train service was started between India and Pakistan? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Samjhauta Express (also called the Friendship Express) was started on 22nd July 1976, under the Shimla Agreement that settled the 1971 war between the two nations.
13. As per sample registration survey, which state records highest number of married people? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Andhra Pradesh has the highest number of married couples in India followed by Kerala, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal while Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand have the lowest. The national average of married people was reported at 46.8% of the total population Andhra Pradesh has 54% of married couples
14. Which state has won the most film-friendly state award at 2018 National Film awards? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Uttarakhand has won the most film-friendly state award at the 66th National Film awards 2018.
15. Lalji Tandon took oath as the governor of: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Note: Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel has been shifted to Uttar Pradesh and her place will be filled by Bihar Governor Lal ji Tandon.
16. The researchers from which country have created world’s thinnest gold? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The researchers at the University of Leeds in Britain have created a new form of gold which is 0.47 nanometres thick – one million times thinner than a human finger nail. They claimed that it is the world’s thinnest-ever unsupported gold. The researchers named their created precious metal as “golden algae” because of its greenish hue under water and the similarities between its shape and that of an algae’s.
17. Who among the following won 2019 Belt and Road China Hunan International chess tournament? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian Grandmaster Surya Shekhar Ganguly from Kolkata has won the 2019 Belt and Road China Hunan International chess tournament.
18. 5th edition of International Army Scout Masters Competition was held in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
5th edition of International Army Scout Masters Competition was held in Jaisalmer. Total 8 countries participated in these events
Share your Results: