1. As per union budget, which of the following will be regulator for housing finance companies?
The government has taken away the powers of the National Housing Bank (NHB) to regulate housing finance companies (HFCs) and handed them to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Act will be amended to give the RBI powers to regulate the HFC sector. About NHB: National Housing Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India, was set up on 9 July 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987
2. Which country became first in the world to pilot new Artificial Intelligence procurement guidelines across Government?
Bahrain has announced it will pilot new guidelines for the procurement of Artificial Intelligence in the public sector, produced by the World Economic Forum (WEF) Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution. It partnered with the UK government to help design the guidelines and assesses them in real-world conditions.
3. Which state ranked first in Agricultural Marketing and Farmer Friendly Reforms Index (AMFRRI) launched by NITI Aayog?
• NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog released its "Agricultural Marketing and Farmer Friendly Reforms Index" (AMFFRI) for the year 2019. The main reason is to rank states and union territories based on the implementation of seven provisions proposed under the model Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) Act. • Maharashtra ranked first for implementing most of the marketing reforms. Gujarat secured the second rank with a score of 71.5 out of 100, followed by Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. • The Index scores ranged from 0-100. The Minimum value "0" implies no reforms and maximum value "100" implies complete reforms in the selected areas.
4. Budj Bim Cultural Landscape is located in:
Australian Aboriginal site ‘Budj Bim Cultural Landscape’ in south-west Victoria has been added to UNESCOS’s World Heritage List. It was added to UNESCOS’s World Heritage List at a meeting in Baku, in Azerbaijan following a decades-long campaign by traditional owners.
5. Recently which Space Agency, has successfully carried out Ascent Abort-2?
NASA, UN Space Agency, has successfully carried out Ascent Abort-2, a test of a launch-abort system, for the Orion capsule designed to take U.S. astronauts to the Moon Ascent Abort-2 was aimed to test in almost real-life conditions the evacuation of astronauts from the capsule in the event of an explosion or rocket booster failure.
6. How much amount is allocated for the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare in Union budget?
The government has proposed to increase budget allocation for the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare by over 78 percent to Rs 1.39 lakh crore for the current financial year. Out of this, Rs 75,000 crore will be for the flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, according to the budget document. • The government has also proposed to increase allocation for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana to Rs 14,000 crore for the current fiscal against the revised estimate of Rs 12,975.70 crore for 2018-19. • To ensure minimum support price in times of steep fall in rates, the government has proposed to increase the allocation by Rs 1,000 crore to Rs 3,000 crore for intervening in the market in such times under the market intervention and price support schemes. • The allocation for Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Yojana is projected to be raised by Rs 100 crore to Rs 1,500 crore. However, for promoting farm mechanisation, not much increase in the budget allocation has been proposed. The government is estimated to spend Rs 600 crore this fiscal. • For the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana, the government has proposed to raise the budget allocation to Rs 3,500 crore for this fiscal from Rs 2,954.69 crore last year. • To implement 18-odd central schemes under the umbrella of ‘Green Revolution’, budget allocation is projected to be increased to Rs 12,560 crore for 2019-20 as against the revised estimate of Rs 11,802 crore for the 2018-19.
7. Which of the following discovered L 98-59b, one of the smallest exo planet?
TESS’ (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) most recent discoveries include a 3-planet system that orbits a star located 35 light-years from Earth One of the planets, L 98-59b, is between the sizes of Earth and Mars – effectively making it the smallest exoplanet discovered by TESS to date. The discovery also highlights the sophistication of TESS and doubles the number of small exoplanets.
8. Damanganga– Pinjal river inter-linking project is in which state?
In Maharashtra, the state government has decided to inter-link rivers to solve the crisis of drought. For Mumbai, the best option is the Damanganga– Pinjal river inter-linking project, which is seen as an ideal, long-term solution for Mumbai’s water needs. This will fulfil Mumbai’s water needs till 2060.
9. Recently Union Cabinet approved the MoU with which country for the establishment of passenger and cargo services by sea?
The Union Cabinet approved the MoU between India and Maldives for the establishment of passenger and cargo services by sea. Male and Kulhudhuffushi are good prospects for introduction of ferry service from Kochi for both tourists as well as cargo. The proposed ferry service would contribute in a big way to promote people to people contact and to boost bilateral trade
10. As per union budget, how much duty and cess will be levied on petrol and diesel per litre?
Rs. 2 duty and cess will be levied on petrol and diesel per litre.
11. Headquarters of International Atomic Energy Agency is located in:
The International Atomic Energy Agency is an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons. The IAEA was established as an autonomous organisation on 29 July 1957. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will hold a special session to address concerns of Iran's nuclear activity.
12. Recently Union Cabinet approved the proposal for leasing out of which of the following air ports under Public Private Partnership?
The Union Cabinet approved the proposal for leasing out of three airports viz. Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Mangaluru of Airports Authority of India (AAI) through Public Private Partnership (PPP).
13. As per union budget Cash withdrawals over Rs. 1 crore a year to be taxed at:
14. Who among the following won women's 200m gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland?
Indian sprinter Hima Das won the women's 200m gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland National record holder shot putter Tajinder Pal Singh Toor bagged a bronze.
15. What is the rank of India in Wrestling Grand Prix of Spain tournament?
India’s top wrestler Vinesh Phogat won her first gold medal after shifting to 53kg category, while Divya Kakran claimed the top honours in the 68kg category at the Grand Prix of Spain India finished second with 130 points in team championship behind Russia who scored 165
Share your Results: