1. 4th edition of Indian Ocean Conference was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 4th edition of Indian Ocean Conference (IOC) is being organised by India Foundation in association with Government of Maldives in Male, Maldives. The theme of IOC 2019 is "Securing the Indian Ocean Region: Traditional and Non-Traditional Challenges".
2. What is the rank of India in terms of total gold reserves? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has pipped the Netherlands to move into the list of top ten countries in terms of total gold reserves. According to the World Gold Council, India has gold reserves totalling 618.2 tonnes, which is marginally higher than the Netherlands’ reserves of 612.5 tonnes. Interestingly, in terms of individual countries, India actually ranks ninth since the International Monetary Fund (IMF) occupies the third position after the U.S. and Germany. Note: According to the latest release by the World Gold Council, U.S. leads the country list with total gold reserves of 8,133.5 tonnes followed by Germany with 3,366.8 tonnes. While the IMF is ranked third with a holding of 2,451.8 tonnes, it is followed by countries such as Italy (2,451.8 tonnes), France (2,436.1 tonnes), Russia (2,219.2 tonnes), China (1,936.5 tonnes), Switzerland (1,040 tonnes) and Japan (765.2 tonnes) before India at the 10th spot.
3. Which ministry has been adjudged as the Best Ministries for Implementation of Swachhata Action Plan for 2018-19? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind presented an award to Indian Railways as the best ministries for implementation of Swachhata action plan for 2018-19. Note: The Best Swachh Iconic Place Award is given to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CST) Mumbai Under the Swachh Bharat Mission Initiative. The three best stations as per Cleanliness Ranking Survey for 2018 i.e. Jodhpur, Jaipur & Tirupati were also awarded.
4. Consider the following statements about no-confidence motion? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
5. Which article of the constitution states that “The Council of Ministers shall be collectively responsible to the House of the People”? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Article-75: Other provisions as to Ministers (1) The Prime Minister shall be appointed by the President and the other Ministers shall be appointed by the President on the advice of the Prime Minister (2) The Minister shall hold office during the pleasure of the President (3) The Council of Ministers shall be collectively responsible to the House of the People (4) Before a Minister enters upon his office, the President shall administer to him the oaths of office and of secrecy according to the forms set out for the purpose in the Third Schedule (5) A Minister who for any period of six consecutive months is not a member of either House of Parliament shall at the expiration of that period cease to be a Minister (6) The salaries and allowances of Ministers shall be such as Parliament may from time to time by law determine and, until Parliament so determines, shall be as specified in the Second Schedule The Attorney General for India
6. Who among the following has been appointed as chairman of Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Sunil Arora, the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India, has recently assumed Chairmanship of Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) for the year 2019-21
7. Which of the following ministry launched Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme for Technology Upgradation? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The objective of the credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme for Technology Upgradation is to facilitate technology up-gradation in MSEs by providing an upfront capital subsidy of 15 per cent (on institutional finance of upto Rs 1 crore availed by them) for induction of well-established and improved technology in the specified 51 sub-sectors/products approved. In other words the major objective is to upgrade their plant & machinery with state-of-the-art technology, with or without expansion and also for new MSEs which have set up their facilities with appropriate eligible and proven technology duly approved under scheme guidelines Note: The government launched the updated Credit linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (CLCSS) to allow micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) access to capital.
8. Which of the following releases “World Economic Outlook”? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
9. Who among the following has been honoured with ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ by Vatican city? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Vatican awarded Bangladesh’s Nobel Laureate Prof Muhammad Yunus prestigious ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony.
10. World Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index is released by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The World Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index (TTCI) 2019 has been released by the World Economic Forum (WEF). Spain held on to the top spot in the World Economic Forum's (WEF) latest Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report (TTCR), which ranked 140 countries on their relative strengths in global tourism and travel. Spain was followed by France, Germany and Japan, with the United States replacing the UK in the top five. India has moved up six places to rank 34th on world travel and tourism competitiveness index, driven by rich natural and cultural resources and strong price competitiveness
11. Which state of India is India’s single largest raw jute cultivator? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
12. Which state signed the Sister State MoU with Delaware state of USA? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
In its first memorandum of understanding with an American state, Gujarat signed the Sister State MoU with Delaware in Gandhinagar
13. Central Adoption Resource Authority is a statutory body of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) has been set up as an autonomous body of the Ministry of Women and Child Development which functions as a nodal body for adoption of Indian children and is mandated to monitor and regulate in-country and inter-country adoption. CARA is designated as the Central Authority to deal with inter-country adoptions in accordance with the provisions of the Hague Conventions on Inter-Country Adoptions, 1993, ratified by Government of India in 2003.
14. International Day of Charity is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The International Day of Charity is observed every year on September 5 across the world.
15. 2019 UNICEF South Asian Parliamentarian conference for Children was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
16. Robert Mugabe who passes away recently was served as president of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
17. With which of the following bank ESIC has signed an agreement for Payments to ESIC Beneficiaries on Real Time Basis? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A Memorandum of Agreement has been signed between the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and SBI in accordance with which, the SBI would provide e-payment services directly to the bank accounts of all ESIC beneficiaries and payees without any manual intervention as an integrated and automated process. The SBI would provide e-payment integration with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) processes of ESIC through its Cash Management Product (CMP) e-payment technology platform.
18. Which country organised Exercise TSENTR 2019? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Exercise TSENTR 2019 is part of the annual series of large scale exercises that form part of the Russian Armed Forces' annual training cycle Armies of India, Pakistan will take part in this year’s military exercise TSENTR 2019
19. Consider the following statements about Nominated members of Rajya sabha. ? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Share your Results: