1. Which city hosted 2nd Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
MNRE Hosts 2nd Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) on 31 October in New Delhi Two New Countries- Eritrea and St. Kittis and Nevis, Sign the ISA Framework Agreement; Taking Signatory Countries to 83 About ISA: The ISA, is an Indian initiative that was launched by the Prime Minister of India and the President of France on 30 November 2015 at Paris, France on the side-lines of the COP-21, with 121 solar resource rich countries lying fully or partially between the tropic of Cancer and tropic of Capricorn as prospective members. The overarching objective of the ISA is to collectively address key common challenges to the scaling up of solar energy in ISA member countries
2. 2019 National Ayurveda Day is observed on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The National Ayurveda Day is celebrated every year on the occasion of Dhanwantari Jayanti (Dhanteras). This year Ayurveda Day is being observed on 25th of October. The theme for this year is Ayurveda for longevity
3. Which of the following group is associated with “CENTER 2019” exercise? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The military exercise “CENTER 2019” is SCO joint military exercise that was held by Russia in Orenburg.
4. Which organization released Economic Outlook for South East Asia? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development released its report in Economic Outlook for South East Asia. The report was presented at the ASEAN summit, 2019.
5. Which of the following is not correct with respect to Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
6. Safdarjung hospital is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
First Government Hospital Robotic Surgery facility was opened in Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi.
7. Which city will host COP-25? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Spanish capital city of Madrid will be hosting the world’s annual climate conference, called COP-25 (Conference of the Parties) from 2 to 13 December 2019. This decision was taken following Chile’s stepping down as host for the COP-25 Note: The United Nations Climate Change Conferences are yearly conferences held in the framework of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). They serve as the formal meeting of the UNFCCC Parties (Conference of the Parties, COP) to assess progress in dealing with climate change, and beginning in the mid-1990s, to negotiate the Kyoto Protocol to establish legally binding obligations for developed countries to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions
8. Headquarters of United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN–Habitat) is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN–Habitat) is the United Nations agency for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the First UN Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya.
9. Shanghai Cooperation Organization Joint Exercise on Urban Earthquake Search and Rescue- ‘SCOJtEx-2019’ was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
With an aim to rehearse disaster response mechanisms and share knowledge, experience and technology, the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is hosting the four-day Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) joint exercise This exercise will also provide an opportunity to enhance coordination and cooperation as it involves multi-agency operations, the MHA said. There will be participants from all eight SCO member countries — China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The simulation exercise will be conducted as per the methodology and guidelines of the International Search and Rescue Advisory Group
10. Global Environment Facility (GEF) is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) was established on the eve of the 1992 Rio Earth Summit to help tackle our planet’s most pressing environmental problems. The GEF unites 183 countries in partnership with international institutions, civil society organizations (CSOs), and the private sector to address global environmental issues while supporting national sustainable development initiatives. Since 1992, the GEF has provided over $17 billion in grants and mobilized an additional $88 billion in financing for more than 4000 projects in 170 countries. Through its Small Grants Programme (SGP), the GEF has invested $450million and leveraged similar levels of co financing supporting over 14,500 community based projects in over 125 countries The GEF also serves as financial mechanism for the following conventions: • CBD Convention on Biological Diversity • United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) • UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) • Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) • Minamata Convention on Mercury
11. Nirbhaya fund is administered by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Nirbhaya fund was announced by the Centre in 2013 to support the initiatives of government and Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs) working towards the safety of women. The fund is a corpus of Rs. 10 billion and is administered by Finance Ministry’s Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) Note: Union Ministry of Women and Child Development will be setting up anti-human trafficking units in all districts of the country with the help of Nirbhaya Fund.
12. Consider the following statements with respect to Statue of Unity? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
13. Which city will host 5th India International Science Festival? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 5th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019 will be held at Kolkata.
14. In which state Lingdum monastery is located? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Lingdum Monastery is a Buddhist monastery near Ranka in Sikkim.
15. Which country launched First blockchain-based carbon trading exchange? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Singapore-based AirCarbon Pte.Ltd launched the worlds’ first blockchain-based carbon trading exchange. This will allow airlines and other corporate buyers to buy as well sell tokens backed by carbon offset credits approved by the International Civil Aviation Organisation.
16. The second edition of Dharma Guardian military exercise was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The second edition of the annual joint military exercise, named as Dharma Guardian between Indian and Japanese Army ended. It was held at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School Vairengte in Mizoram.
17. Which country name recent cyclone in Arabian sea as Maha? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Maha, which is pronounced M'maha, was named by Oman and comes days after Cyclone Kyarr, which formed over the Arabian Sea and headed towards India before curving and moving towards Africa
18. Which country launched New Colombo Plan Mobility Program? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
As part of the 2020 New Colombo Plan Mobility Program, over 1,600 Australian university students will take part in study and projects in India. The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian government, providing students opportunities to gain cross-cultural awareness and experiences that are vital to today's globally connected workforce.
19. Pooja Gehlot is associated with which sports? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Wrestler Pooja Gehlot claimed the second silver medal for India after going down to Japan’s Haruna Okuno in the finals of UWW Under-23 World Championships in Budapest, Hungary.
Share your Results: