1. Which India IT company launched Cyber Defence Center in Romania? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Infosys launched its state-of-the-art Cyber Defence Center in Bucharest, Romania.
2. Which of the following technology is proposed by Union road ministry to combat theft vehicle? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The proposal is to use a technology termed — microdot — which requires spraying the body and parts of the vehicle or any other machine with microscopic dots that can be read with a microscope and identified with a ultra violet light source, which give a unique identification. Use of this technology will help check theft of vehicles and also use of fake spare parts, said an official release. This can potentially be used for mandatory vehicle recall as well. The microdots and adhesive will become permanent fixtures, which cannot be removed without damaging the asset that is the vehicle itself.
3. The book “Dynamics of Indian Education” is authored by 😕 (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The book “Dynamics of Indian Education” is authored by VS Rajput
4. Millennium Challenge Corporation is which country’s Government foreign aid agency? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
MCC is an independent U.S. Government foreign aid agency Recently United States (US) has asserted that the Millennium Challenge Corporation's 480 million US dollar aid to Sri Lanka was a gift from the people of the US and not a loan
5. Which city named as the world’s best city for students? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
London named the world’s best city for students. According to the rankings, India’s best student city is Bengaluru at 81st.
6. As per Motor Vehicles (Amendment), Bill, 2019, In case of the death, the compensation has been raised from 25 thousand to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was passed by the Rajya Sabha. The Bill amends the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The Bill provides for a scheme for cashless treatment of road accident victims during golden hour and also protection of Good Samaritan or the person who renders emergency medical or non-medical assistance to a victim at the scene of an accident The Bill proposes to increase the minimum compensation for hit and run cases. In case of the death, the compensation has been raised from 25 thousand to two lakh rupees, and in case of grievous injury, it will be from 12 thousand 500 to 50 thousand rupees.
7. Who among the following has been appointed as Senior Director of Counterterrorism Directorate of the National Security Council (NSC) in the White House? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Prominent Indian-American lawyer Kashyap Pramod Patel, an ardent supporter of US President Donald Trump, has been appointed to a key counterterrorism position in the White House
8. Recently Union Cabinet approved the setting up of ISRO Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) at:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Union Cabinet approved the setting up of ISRO Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) at Moscow, Russia. This will be third such Technical Liaison Unit. Department of Space (Dos) already has instituted technical Liaison Units, namely ISRO Technical Liaison Units (ITLU) at Washington, Untied States and Paris, France with prime objective to liaise with various Government and space agencies in US and Europe, respectively
9. Who among the following has been appointed as ombudsman and ethics officer for Indian Federation of Sports Gaming (IFSG)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian Federation of Sports Gaming (IFSG), country’s self-regulatory industry body for the online fantasy sports gaming sector announced the appointment of Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri as its ombudsman and ethics officer. Justice A.K. Sikri responsible for investigating queries/complaints raised by the users of the online fantasy sports gaming platforms.
10. Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty is a treaty between USA and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The US has formally withdrawn from Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) with Russia. The INF was signed by then US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987.It banned missiles with ranges between 500 and 5,500 km.
11. Which news channel gets Champions of Empathy Award? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
DD News(Doordarshan)news channel of India awarded “Champions of Empathy Award” The award is given for spreading awareness about hepatitis
12. Recently Atal Community Innovation Centre inaugurated in: ? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched Atal Community Innovation Centre in New Delhi to encourage the spirit of innovation at the community level. This initiative aims to encourage the spirit of innovation through solution-driven design thinking to serve society. Atal Community Innovation Centre has been launched to focus on the 484 backward districts where the innovation infrastructure is very weak
13. Who among the following is the head of task force entrusted with the preparation of the direct tax code? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
To replace the existing Income Tax Act, 1961, the government is soon coming out with a new Direct Tax Code. A task force entrusted with the preparation of the tax code. The task force is headed by Akhilesh Ranjan.
14. In Which year Companies act was enacted? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The parliament approved the Companies (Amendment) Bill which seeks to tighten Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) norms and ensure stricter action for non-compliance of the company law regulations. A key change in the Bill pertains to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) spending, wherein companies would have to mandatorily keep unspent money in a special account. Under the Act, companies earning profit of over ₹ 5 crore, turnover of ₹ 100 crore or networth of more than ₹ 500 crore are required to shell out at least two per cent of their three-year annual average net profit towards CSR activities. The Bill empowers the Registrar of Companies (RoC) to initiate action for removal of the name of the company from Register of companies if it is not carrying on any business or operation in according with the company law. The legislation has the provision that any unspent annual CSR funds must be transferred to one of the funds under Schedule 7 of the Act like Prime Minister’s Relief Fund within six months of the financial year. Among other things, the Bill also provides for re-categorisation of 16 minor offences as purely civil defaults and transferring of functions with regard to dealing with applications for change of financial year to Central government
15.As per recent report , which telecom operator has become India’s biggest telecom operator? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Reliance Jio overtook Vodafone-Idea to become India's leading telecom operator
16. Which of the following space agency is associated with Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) recently discovered new dwarf star and planetary system named as TOI 270. It is located about 73 light years away from Earth, and in the constellation Pictor.
17. 22nd National Conference on e-Governance will be held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Centre is to organize the 22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 on 8-9th August, 2019 at Shillong, Meghalaya. For the first time ever, the event is being organized in North-Eastern region of the country. The Conference will be co-ordinated by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India and the State Government of Meghalaya. The theme of this Conference is "Digital India: Success to Excellence".
18. As per Consumer Protection Bill, 2019, Central Consumer Protection Authority will have the power to impose a penalty on a manufacturer or an endorser of up to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Lok Sabha passed the Consumer Protection Bill, 2019 that aims at protecting the interests of consumers by establishing authorities for timely and effective administration and settlement of consumers’ dispute. It has a provision for Central government to set up a Central Consumer Protection Authority to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers. The authority will have the power to impose a penalty on a manufacturer or an endorser of up to 10 lakh rupees and imprisonment for up to two years for a false or misleading advertisement. The Bill also has provision to set up Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions at the district, state, and national levels.
19. As per “Women Entrepreneur Cities Index 2019”, released by Dell which city ranked first in Asia region? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
According to the latest “Women Entrepreneur Cities Index 2019”, sponsored by Dell and conducted by London-based global information provider, IHS Markit, The Singapore tops in Asian city ranked at 21st position. Indian cities Bangalore(Karnataka) and Delhi ranked 43rd (7th in Asia) and 50th (10th in Asia).The ranking measures a city’s ability to attract and support high potential women entrepreneurs
Share your Results: