1. World Translation Day is observed on: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
International Translation Day is an international day celebrated every year on 30 September on the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator who is considered the patron saint of translators. The theme of International Translation Day 2019 is "Translation and Indigenous Languages".
2. Who among the following has became First Indian artist to have planet named after him? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A minor planet, between Mars and Jupiter, has been named after 'Pandit Jasraj,' the doyen of Indian classical vocal music. International Astronomical Union (IAU) named minor planet 2006 VP32 (number -300128), discovered on November 11, 2006, as 'Panditjasraj.' 'Pandit jasraj' traverses the cosmos between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.
3. Foal Eagle is the name of military training exercise between: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Foal Eagle is a combined field training exercise (FTX) conducted annually by the Republic of Korea (South Korea) Armed Forces and the United States Armed Forces under the auspices of the Combined Forces Command
4. Recently Union Jal Shakti Ministry launched national rural sanitation strategy for the period: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Union Jal Shakti Ministry’s Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), launched a 10-year national rural sanitation strategy to sustain India’s 100 per cent Open Defecation Free (ODF) status claimed by the Centre. The framework, to be in place from 2019 to 2029, will ensure that people sustain their usage of toilets. It will also focus on solid and liquid waste management
5. Recently Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria took charge as the: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria took charge as the new Chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF). He is now the 26th Chief of the Air Staff of the Indian Air Force. He succeeds outgoing Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa
6. Which International Airport Ltd has been selected as the best airport in terms of services offered under 5-15 million passenger category? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Cochin International Airport Ltd has been selected as the best airport in terms of services it offered to passengers, based on a survey conducted by Airport Council International (ACI). CIAL was emerged the topper in 5-15 million passenger category among the airports in the Asia-Pacific region. It ranked amongst the best airports in the 5-15 mn category in the Asia Pacific region for 2018.
7. How many initiatives launched under support and outreach programme for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
PM launched support and outreach programme for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector. As part of this programme, the Prime Minister unveiled 12 key initiatives which will help the growth, expansion and facilitation of MSMEs across the country.
8. Who among the following has been recommended as the next chairman of Armed Forces Tribunal? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
CJI Ranjan Gogoi recommended former Delhi high court chief justice Rajendra Menon as the next chairman of the Armed Forces Tribunal If the appointment of Justice Rajendra Menon is approved by Centre, he will assume the charge once the incumbent Chairman of Armed Forces Tribunal, Justice Virender Singh retires on 6 October 2019.
9. Recently which of the following released School Education Quality Index? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
NITI Aayog releases the first edition of School Education Quality Index (SEQI) with the help of World Bank. It consists of 30 critical indicators that assess the delivery of quality education Kerala has emerged on top among 20 large states in terms of quality of school education, followed by Rajasthan and Karnataka, while the most-populous Uttar Pradesh was ranked at the bottom position during 2016-17.
10. Which city’s metro will be named after Indian King 'Raja Bhoj'? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Bhopal metro will be named after Indian King 'Raja Bhoj' and be called 'Bhoj Metro'. Note: Bhoj was the king in the Paramara dynasty that ruled Malwa and surrounding areas in west- central India between the 9th and 14th centuries.
11. The first livestock census was conducted during: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
12. Bedaquiline is related to: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Bedaquiline is the active substance in a TB drug which is also sometimes known by the trade name of Sirturo. Bedaquiline works by blocking an enzyme inside the Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteria called ATP synthase.
13. Headquarters of Indian Institute of Rice Research is located at: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian Institute of Rice Research (IIRR) formerly DRR, was established by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in 1965 with its national headquarters at Hyderabad.
14. Which country won South Asian Football Federation under-18 Championship? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India won the SAFF Under-18 football Championship by defeating Bangladesh by 2-1 in final held in Kathmandu, Nepal. This is India’s maiden SAFF U-18 trophy.
Share your Results: