1. National Sports Day is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
National Sports Day is observed every year on 29 August to mark the birth anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand, the legendary hockey player
2. Which of the following IIT have developed lab grown meat? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The researchers at IIT-Guwahati have developed a novel technique for production of meat which is completely natural.
3. Amazon Rainforest Forest is located in which of the following continent? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
4. What is the reference year for the recently released Composite Water Management Index 2.0 (CWMI 2.0)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The NITI Aayog in association with Ministry of JAL Shakti and Ministry of Rural Development has released Composite Water Management Index 2.0 (CWMI 2.0). CWMI 2.0 ranks various states for the reference year 2017-18 as against the base year 2016-17.
5. National Policy on Biofuels – 2018 categorises biofuels into how many types? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Policy categorises biofuels as "Basic Biofuels" viz. First Generation (1G) bioethanol & biodiesel and "Advanced Biofuels" - Second Generation (2G) ethanol, Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) to drop-in fuels, Third Generation (3G) biofuels, bio-CNG etc. to enable extension of appropriate financial and fiscal incentives under each category
6. Reently Abdalla Hamdok has taken charge as the new Prime Minister of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
7. Nauradehi Wildlife Sanctuary is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Madhya Pradesh forest department has written to the National Tiger Conservation Authority to revive the plan to reintroduce cheetahs in the State’s Nauradehi sanctuary.
8. The Secretariat Office of the International Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure will be set in which city? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister has given ex-post facto approval for the Establishment of an International Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) along with its supporting Secretariat Office in New Delhi.
9. Which space agency is associated with OSIRIS-Rex mission? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
OSIRIS-REx is NASA's first mission to visit a near-Earth asteroid, survey the surface, collect a sample and deliver it safely back to Earth
10. Headquarters of Tropical Forest Research Institute (TFRI) is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Tropical Forest Research Institute is a Research institute situated in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh. It works under the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
11. Nalbana Bird Sanctuary is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Nalbana Bird Sanctuary or Nalbana Island is the core area of the Ramsar designated wetlands of Chilika Lake. It was declared a bird sanctuary under the Wildlife Protection Act in 1972. In the heart of the park, one can see thousands of birds descending during the migratory season.
12. Which of the following country is not a member in G-7? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
In France, the 45th edition of G7 summit was held in Biarritz with theme “Fighting Inequality”. The annual meet was attended by the leaders of 7 member states -- France, Italy, Canada, United States, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom.
13. Dokdo islands is the bone of contention between Japan and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
14. International Day Against Nuclear Tests is observed on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The International Day Against Nuclear Tests is observed every year on 29th of August for increasing awareness about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions or any other nuclear explosions and the need for their cessation as one of the means of achieving the goal of a nuclear-weapon-free world.
15. Komalika Bari is associated with which of the following sports? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Share your Results: