1. At National Tourism awards-2019, which state won the first prize for Best State for Comprehensive Development of Tourism? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Andhra Pradesh bagged the Best State Award for overall growth in the tourism category. Goa and Madhya Pradesh were the joint winners in the Adventure Tourism category and Uttarakhand won the award for the Best Film Promotion-Friendly State.
2. Which country hosted World Tourism Day 2019? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
United Nations World Tourism Organization announced September 27 as World Tourism Day in 1980 and has been celebrating the day since then. This year for the first time India hosted World Tourism Day which has the theme ‘Tourism and Jobs: a better future for all Note: Headquarters of United Nations World Tourism Organization is located in Madrid, Spain
3. As per guideline of the MPLADS Scheme, an MP can contribute upto how much amount from their MPLADS fund for rehabilitation works in affected areas? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) has provision for MPs to contribute funds for rehabilitation and reconstruction works in the areas affected by severe calamity. As per guideline of the Scheme, an MP can contribute upto one crore from their MPLADS fund for rehabilitation works in affected areas
4. Recently who among the following joins Team Visa for Tokyo Olympics? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Visa, the global leader in payments technology, has signed up newly crowned World Champion P.V. Sindhu as an athlete member of Team Visa for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. Team Visa athletes are selected on the basis of their expected demonstration of strong competitive performance at the Olympic and Paralympic Games, regardless of nationality and background.
5. Union Petroleum Ministry launched SATAT initiative to promote: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Union petroleum ministry launched SATAT initiative to promote Compressed Bio-Gas as an alternative, green transport fuel SATAT is an initiative aimed at providing a Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT) as a developmental effort that would benefit both vehicle-users as well as farmers and entrepreneurs
6. KAZIND-2019 is the joint military exercise between Kazakhstan and: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Joint Military Exercise KAZIND-2019 between India and Kazakhstan will be conducted at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand Exercise KAZIND-2019 is the fourth edition of an annual event which is conducted alternatively in Kazakhstan and India. The aim of this exercise is to conduct company level joint training with emphasis on counter terrorism operations in mountainous terrain. During the exercise, aspects of emerging trends of global terrorism and hybrid warfare have also been included.
7. Recently who among the following takes charge as Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
General Rawat has taken over as the chief of CoSC by virtue of being the senior-most officer from among the heads of the three armed services. Outgoing CoSC Chairman, Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa, handed over the baton to General Rawat in a ceremonial function
8. Which of the following award is also known as known as the “Alternative Nobel”? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Right Livelihood Award — known as the “Alternative Nobel”
9. Recently which country offered tourist visas for the first time? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
kingdom of Saudi Arabia will offer tourist visas for the first time as part of a push to diversify its economy away from oil
10. Who among the following has been appointed as chairman of the International Egg Commission? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Suresh Chitturi, Vice Chairman & Managing Director of Srinivasa Farms is the first Indian and Asian to be elected Chairman of the International Egg Commission (IEC). Suresh Chitturi took over as the Chairman at the IEC Global Leadership Conference in Copenhagen.
11. Which state government has unveiled a mascot 'Tikki Mausi' to combat malnutrition among children? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The mascot ‘Tikki Mausi’ has been launched by the Odisha government in collaboration with UNICEF to spread awareness about child and woman’s nutrition.
12. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of Indian Air Force? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of Indian Air Force (IAF). He will be succeeding Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria who will take over as Chief of Air Staff
Share your Results: