1. Which of the follow IT company won UN Global Climate Action Award in ‘Climate Neutral Now’ category? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Infosys announced that it has won the prestigious United Nations Global Climate Action Award in the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ category. Infosys is the only corporate from India to earn the recognition for its efforts to combat climate change. The announcement of the winners came shortly after the UN Climate Summit in New York was convened by UN Secretary General António Guterres. The award will be presented to Infosys at the UN Climate Change Conference (COP25) in Santiago, Chile (December 2019).
2. Which of the following is not correct with respect to New Development Bank? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The New Development Bank (NDB), formerly referred to as the BRICS Development Bank, is a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS states (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) The bank is headquartered in Shanghai, China. The first regional office of the NDB is in Johannesburg, South Africa.
3. International Day for total elimination of Nuclear weapons is observed on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Every year September 26 is marked as the International Day for total elimination of Nuclear weapons.
4. Who among the following has become the first Indian to win the Changemaker Award from Gates Foundation? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Payal Jangid has received the "Changemaker" award during the Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards hosted by the Melinda Gates Foundation. The award recognises her campaign to end child labour and child marriage
5. SAARC Council of Ministers meeting will be held in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The SAARC Council of Ministers meeting is to be held on New York. The meeting is being chaired by Nepal and that might bring in positive outcomes. SAARC: SAARC is South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation. The member nations of the grouping are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
6. Malabar Exercise 2019 is being conducted in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Malabar Exercise 2019, the trilateral maritime exercise between navies of India, Japan and the US began off the coast of Japan.
7. Who among the following received 2019 Rights Livelihood awards? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Swedish environmental activist Greta Thunberg has been named one of the 2019 Right Livelihood Award winners. The international award, widely known as the "alternative Nobel Prize," was established in 1980 to "honor and support courageous people solving global problems."
8. World Tourism Day is celebrated on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Tourism Day is celebrated on September 27. The day aims at creating awareness on social, political, cultural and economic values among international community. THEME 2019: “Tourism and Jobs – A better future for all”
9. Which state won award for overall growth in tourism category in National tourism awards? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu conferred the National tourism awards in various categories on the occasion of World Tourism Day 2019. Best State award for overall growth in tourism category was given to Andhra Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh and Goa were the winners of the Adventure Tourism category. Telangana bagged the award for the best state in the innovative use of IT category and Uttarakhand was awarded best film promotion friendly state.
10. What is the rank of India in Digital competitiveness Ranking? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Digital Competitiveness Ranking measures the capacity of countries to develop, adopt and explore digital technologies, which transform business models, government practices and society in general. It is published by the Swiss based International Institute for Management Development. US topped the list followed by Singapore in the second place. India rose from 48th place in 2018 to 44th rank this year as the country has improved overall in all factors -- knowledge, technology and future readiness -- as compared to the previous year's ranking
11. Antyodaya Diwas is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
25th September is observed as Antyodaya Diwas every year to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya
12. Who among the following has became the first Arab astronaut to travel to International Space Station? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The United Arab Emirates’s (UAE) Hazza Al Mansouri became the first Emirati and the first Arab astronaut to travel to International Space Station (ISS).
13. Ponung Doming Becomes First Female Lieutenant Colonel From? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Major Ponung Doming has become the first army officer from Arunachal Pradesh to be elevated to the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel.
14. Who among the following serves as chairman for Defence Acquisition council ? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
15. Which of the following is a not a core industry in India? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
In India eight industries are known as core industries. They are 1. Coal 2. Natural gas 3. Crude Oil 4. Petroleum refinery products 5. Fertilizers 6. Steel 7. Electricity 8. Cement
Share your Results: