1. Which of the following ministry launched ‘Paramarsh’ scheme? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank” launched ‘Paramarsh’ – a University Grants Commission (UGC) scheme for Mentoring National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) Accreditation Aspirant Institutions to promote Quality Assurance in Higher Education This “Paramarsh” scheme will target 1000 Higher Education Institutions for mentoring with a specific focus on quality as enumerated in the UGC “Quality Mandate”. Mentor-Mentee relationship will not only benefit both the institutions but also provide quality education to the 3.6 crore students who are enrolling to Indian Higher Education system at present.
2. Each year, the UN General Assembly elects how many non-permanent members out of a total of 10? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Each year, the General Assembly elects five non-permanent members out of a total of 10, for a two-year term. Note: Recently India’s candidature for a non-permanent seat in the Security Council for the 2021-22 term has been endorsed unanimously by the Asia Pacific group, which comprises 55 countries, including Pakistan.
3. Scientists from which country have developed a concept named Ramanujan Machine? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Scientists from Technion — Israel Institute of Technology have developed a concept they have named the Ramanujan Machine, after the Indian mathematician. It is not really a machine but an algorithm, and performs a very unconventional function. With most computer programs, humans input a problem and expect the algorithm to work out a solution. With the Ramanujan Machine, it works the other way round. Feed in a constant, say the well-know pi, and the algorithm will come up with a equation involving an infinite series whose value, it will propose, is exactly pi. Over to humans now: let someone prove that this proposed equation is correct.
4. Which country will be the partner country for 'Gita Jayanti Mahotsav'? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has invited Nepal to be the partner country for this year's 'Gita Jayanti Mahotsav', scheduled to be held at Kurukshetra People celebrate Gita Jayanti to commemorate sacred day when Lord Krishna offered his philosophical teachings to King Arjuna during battle of Kurukshetra
5. Recently which country unveiled Underwater Military Museum? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Jordan has unveiled its 1st Underwater Military Museum on the bed of Red Sea off the coast of Aqaba.
6. Who among the following has been chosen for Tribute Actor award at 2019 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Meryl Streep will be honoured with Tribute Actor award at 2019 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). She will be 1st-ever recipient of TIFF Tribute Actor Award. Note: The Toronto International Film Festival will be held in Canada
7. Who among the following has been appointed as the general secretary of the Communist Party of India? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Rajya Sabha member D Raja is appointed the general secretary of the Communist Party of India (CPI)
8. Shahab-3 is a Medium-Range Ballistic Missile of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
United States military official reported Iran test-launched Shahab-3, a Medium-Range Ballistic Missile inside its borders. It is a liquid-fueled, medium-range ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear weapon It is derived from a North Korean missile called Nodong-A
9. Under which section of GST act National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) has been constituted? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) has been constituted under Section 171 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017. The Authority’s main function is to ensure that traders are not realizing unfair profit by charging high price from consumers in the name of GST. The Authority’s core function is to ensure that the benefits of the reduction is GST rates on goods and services made by GST Council and proportional change in the Input tax credit passed on to the ultimate consumers and recipient respectively by way of reduction in the prices by the suppliers.
10. B.S. Yediyurappa took oath as 31st Chief Minister of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
B.S. Yediyurappa took oath as 31st Chief Minister of Karnataka by Governor Vajubhai Vala
11. National Remote Sensing Centre is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said that as per "standard practice," it had received satellite data related to floods in different regions of the country from eight nations including USA, Russia, and China, due to its membership of the International Charter Space and Major Disasters. The non-binding charter has been set up under the UN-SPIDER, which is a platform that facilitates the use of space-based technologies for disaster management and emergency response The National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) represents Indian Space Research Organization as a member of the International Charter Space and Major Disasters. UN-Spider: UN-SPIDER ("United Nations Platform for Space-based Information for Disaster Management and Emergency Response") is a platform which facilitates the use of space-based technologies for disaster management and emergency response. It is a programme under the auspices of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA).
12. Which of the following won award from NABARD for SHG linkage? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Repco Micro Finance, a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) awarded for outstanding performance in terms of Self-Help Group (SHG) linkage in Tamil Nadu for 2018-19 from National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
13. Which of the following is associated with E-2020 initiative? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
E-2020 is the initiative supported by WHO where countries were identified by WHO in 2016 as having the potential to become malaria-free by 2020. Note: The Global technical strategy for malaria 2016-2030, calls for the elimination of malaria in at least 10 countries by the year 2020.
14. "Indo-Pak Relations: Beyond Pulwama and Balakot" has been authored by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
15. Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister set up a Beekeeping Development Committee under the Chairmanship of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister set up a Beekeeping Development Committee under the Chairmanship of Professor Bibek Debroy. As per Food and Agricultural Organization database, in 2017-18, India ranked eighth in the world in terms of honey production (64.9 thousand tonnes) while China stood first with a production level of 551 thousand tonnes.
16. The fifth international Dharma-Dhamma conference was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
17. Recently who among the following has been conferred with the 2018 Arjuna Award? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana and ace tennis player Rohan Bopanna have been conferred with the 2018 Arjuna Awards by Union Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Kiren Rijeju at a ceremony held in New Delhi..
18. Durand cup is associated with which of the following sports? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Durand Football Tournament or Durand Cup is a football competition in India which was first held in 1888. Note: The 2019 Durand Cup will be the 129th edition of the Durand Cup, which will be held at Kolkata in West Bengal
19. Who among the following is the chairman of the committee constituted to coordinate and strategise the preparation for the 2020 and 2024 Olympics? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A high-level 10-member Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju to coordinate and strategise the preparation for the 2020 and 2024 Olympics. The objective of the committee is to ensure that the performance of the Indian athletes is optimised in the Olympics and other multidisciplinary events. The aim of the committee for the Tokyo Games would be to provide all possible support to potential and qualified athletes. For the 2024 Paris Games, the committee would chart out a road-map for the preparation and then will continuously review and suggest course correction whenever required.
Share your Results: