1. Who among the following is the chairman of Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Government of India has reconstituted Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) under existing Chairman Bibek Debroy. The reconstitution is for a period of two years, with effect from 26 September 2019
2. Who among the following has been appointed as the new head of the International Monetary Fund? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Bulgarian Economist Christina Georgieva was appointed as the new head of the International Monetary Fund
3. First ever India-Caribbean leaders summit was held in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
4. M Nagaraj vs Union of India case is related to: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Supreme Court had agreed to set up the Constitution Bench last year to decide whether its 2006 judgment in M Nagaraj vs Union of India needed to be revisited. In that judgment, it had held that restrictions could be placed on reservations for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in promotions in government jobs.
5. Who among the following has been honored with International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) Veteran Pin Award? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Former Olympian and veteran Indian track and field star, PT Usha was awarded the prestigious International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) Veteran Pin Award. PT Usha was honoured with this prestigious award during the 52nd Congress of the IAAF held in Qatar
6. Recently Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Gandhi Peace Garden in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, along with United Nation chief Antonio Guterres and other world leaders, inaugurated the Gandhi Peace Garden at the UN headquarters in New York.
7. Which of the following is not correct? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The UPSC consists of a chairman and other members appointed by the president of India. The Constitution, without specifying the strength of the Commission has left the matter to the discretion of the president
8. Consider the following statements with respect to ‘Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna’ (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
9. What is the full form of PRAGATI? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
PRAGATI is a unique integrating and interactive platform. The platform is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances, and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of the Government of India as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
10. In which of the following months World Maritime Day (WMD) is observed? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Every Year, World Maritime Day (WMD) is observed on the last Thursday of September. This year, it is being observed on September 26, 2019. This day marks date of adaptation of International Maritime Organization (IMO) Convention in 1958. Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the leaders of the Caribbean Community and Common Market during the first-ever India-Caricom leaders' summit in New York Note: The Indira Sawhney Supreme Court judgment in 1993 had directed the Union government to identify a creamy layer for caste reservations. The court argued this was because the “exclusion of such socially advanced members will make the ‘class’ a truly backward class and would more appropriately serve the purpose and object of Clause (4) [of Article 16 of the Indian Constitution that allows for reservation in government service]”. However, immediately after this, the court also added: “This discussion is confined to Other Backward Classes only and has no relevance in the case of Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes”. The Indira Sawhney judgment was not the only one to exclude Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe quotas from the “creamy layer” test. This was also stated by a bench of five Supreme Court judges in 2005 (EV Chinnaiah vs State of Andhra Pradesh and Others).
11.. Which of the following is not correct with respect to New Telecom policy-2018? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The key objectives of the policy are: • Creating four million additional jobs in the Digital Communications sector; • Enhancing the contribution of the Digital Communications sector to 8% of India's GDP from ~ 6% in 2017; • Propelling India to the Top 50 Nations in the ICT Development Index of ITU from 134 in 2017; The policy aims to • Provide universal broadband connectivity at 50 Mbps to every citizen; • Provide 1 Gbps connectivity to all Gram Panchayats by 2020 and 10 Gbps by 2022; • Attract investments of USD 100 billion in the Digital Communications Sector; • Train one million manpower for building New Age Skill; • Expand IoT ecosystem to 5 billion connected devices
12. Headquarters of International Association of Athletics Federations is located in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
President of Athletics Federation of India (AFI), Adille Sumariwallam has been re-elected as member of Council of International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) which is headquartered in Monaco
Share your Results: