1. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chairperson of the PMLA Appellate Tribunal? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Sunil Gaur, the former Delhi HC Judge has been appointed as the Chairperson of the PMLA Appellate Tribunal. About PMLA: Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 is an Act of the Parliament of India to prevent money-laundering and to provide for confiscation of property derived from money-laundering
2. In which year India Meteorological Department was set up? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The India Meteorological Department is an agency of the Ministry of Earth Sciences of the Government of India. It is the principal agency responsible for meteorological observations, weather forecasting and seismology. Recently India Navy and India Meteorological Department (IMD) signed a MoU at Kochi Naval Base to hand over the Cyclone Detection Radar (CDR) building by IMD to the navy.
3. Which IT giant has launched a Military Veterans Employment programme in country? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Amazon India has launched a Military Veterans Employment programme in country. This initiative of e-commerce giant will create employment opportunities for military veterans as well as their spouses across company’s sort centres, delivery centres and fulfilment centres in India.
4. Which of the following is implementing agency of National Digital Library of India? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has launched National Digital Library of India. It has been developed by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
5. In which year TRIFED was established? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) came into existence in 1987. It is a national-level apex organization functioning under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India
6. Which state ranked first in the Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) 2.0? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Gujarat has retained its first rank in the Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) 2.0 for the third consecutive year. The Composite Water Management Index was released by Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr. Rajiv Kumar in New Delhi. Gujarat was followed by Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. The CWMI 2.0 ranks various states in water management sector for the reference year 2017-18 as against the base year 2016-17.
7. Recently Tamilisai Soundararajan has been appointed as governor of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
8. International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
International Day for the Remembrance of theSlave Trade and its Abolition, August 23 of each year, the day designated by UNESCO to memorialize the transatlantic slave trade.
9. Which country has become the first country in the world to issue a Biometric Seafarer Identity Document (BSID) to its seafarers? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has become the first country in the world to issue a Biometric Seafarer Identity Document (BSID) to its seafarers. The BSID will give a foolproof identification to Indian seafarers that will facilitate their movement, provide ease of getting jobs and help in identifying them from any location in the world.
10. Al Jazeera is an Arabic-language television channel from:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
11. Who among the following minister is not a member in the recently constituted 5-member Group of Ministers (GoM) to look into issues relating Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Union Government has constituted a 5-member Group of Ministers (GoM) to look into issues concerning the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. The GoM will look into the development, economic and social issues of the two UTs and suggest ways to improve the situation. The two UTs will come into existence on October 31. The GoM will comprise Union Ministers Ravi Shankar Prasad, Jitendra Singh, Thawar Chand Gehlot, Narendra Singh Tomar and Dharmendra Pradhan
12. In which year Art 35A was inserted into the constitution? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Art 35A was inserted as part of the amendments made through a 1954 presidential order, imposed under Article 370. It empowers J&K to define a class of persons as constituting “permanent residents” of the State. Also, it allows the government to confer on these persons, special rights and privileges.
13. Siliguri is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India and Nepal have launched Nepal’s capital Kathmandu and Siliguri in West Bengal
14. Indian Institute of Petroleum is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian Institute of Petroleum has set up a plant in Dehradun that can turn plastic waste into diesel. The plant has the capacity to produce 800-litre diesel from one tonne of plastic. The plastic waste will be collected with the help of NGOs
Share your Results: