1. Every year United Nations Day is observed on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
October 24 is being celebrated as United Nations Day since 1948. United Nations (UN) Day commemorates the anniversary of the entry into force of the UN Charter in 1945. Note: The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization tasked to promote international co-operation and to create and maintain international order. A replacement for the ineffective League of Nations, the organization was established on 24 October 1945 after World War II with the aim of preventing another such conflict. At its founding, the UN had 51 member states; there are now 193. The headquarters of the UN is in Manhattan, New York City United Nations Day was established by UNGA in 1971. This day is part of United Nations Week, which runs from 20 to 26 October
2. In which year POCSO act was enacted? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act is the key legislation for preventing and protecting women against sexual harassment in the workplace and to ensure effective redressal of complaints of sexual harassment. The Ministry of Women & Child Development has also launched an Electronic Complaints Box that enables women, irrespective of their work status, to raise their voice against sexual harassment at workplace. Once a complaint is submitted to the ‘SHe-Box’, it is directly sent to the concerned authority having jurisdiction to take action into the matter. A mechanism will be put in place to regularly monitor the action taken on the complaints.
3. 18th Summit of Heads of State and Government of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) will be held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Vice President, M. Venkaiah Naidu will lead the Indian delegation at 18th Summit of Heads of State and Government of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM). The summit will be held at Baku, Azerbaijan About NAM: NAM is a forum of 120 developing world states that are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc. Headquarters of NAM is located in Jakarta
4. Wushu World Championships held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Praveen Kumar has scripted the history by becoming the first Indian man to win a gold medal at Wushu World Championships.
5. Which ministry launched a scheme named SPARC? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC) scheme aims at improving the research ecosystem of India’s higher educational institutions by facilitating academic and research collaborations between Indian Institutions and the best institutions in the world. Those universities that are in the top 500 in QS or top 100 in NIRF — and departments in the top 200 in QS — are eligible to participate Under this Scheme, 600 joint research proposals will be awarded for 2 years to facilitate strong research collaboration between Indian research groups with the best in class faculty and renowned research groups in the leading universities of the world, in areas that are at the cutting edge of science or with direct social relevance to the mankind, specifically India. SPARC will see India collaborate with 28 countries. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is the National Coordinating Institute to implement the SPARC programme
6. Which ministry launched ‘Impactful Policy Research in Social Science’ (IMPRESS)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Union Ministry of HRD launched Impactful Policy Research in Social Science’ (IMPRESS). Under the Scheme, 1500 research projects will be awarded for 2 years to support the social science research in the higher educational institutions and to enable research to guide policy making. Government entails ₹414 crore funding of 1500 projects on policy themes in the social sciences at the cost of ₹20-25 lakh per project. The Indian Council of Social Science and Research (ICSSR) will be the project implementing agency. The scheme will focus on areas such as state and democracy, media, culture and society, social media and technology among others.
7. Which ministry launched LaQshya initiative- A Labour Room Quality Improvement Initiative? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
‘LaQshya’ programme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare aims at improving quality of care in labour room and maternity Operation Theatre (OT).
8. Consider following statements with respect to Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
JSY is a safe motherhood intervention under the National Rural Health Mission
9. What is the name of National Repository of India’s cyber tech capabilities? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office in partnership with Data Security Council of India (DSCI) launched a platform called ‘TechSagar’. It is a platform to discover consolidated and comprehensive repository of India’s cyber technological capabilities through a portal.
10. How many Health and Wellness centres will be established under Ayushman Bharat? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Ayushman Bharat has two components: establishing about 1, 50,000 Health and Wellness centres for the delivery of Comprehensive Primary Health care and the Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYojana which will address the needs of secondary and tertiary health care for nearly 40% of our population
11. What is the rank of India in recently released Ease of doing business? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India was ranked 63rd in World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking
12. Which country is associated with “Large High-Altitude Air Shower Observatory”? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Chinese scientists are constructing a huge cosmic ray observation station that is equivalent to 200 soccer fields in Sichuan province. The observatory is named as “Large High-Altitude Air Shower Observatory” (LHAASO)
13. Bhashan Char Island is sometimes seen in news. It is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Rohingya refugees living in Bangladesh camps have agreed to move to Bhashan Char Island in the Bay of Bengal. The island is also known as Thengar Char Island.
14. The 2019 summit of the Global Snow Leopard and Ecosystem Protection Program (GSLEP) was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The GSLEP is a world first joint initiative that aims to conserve the endangered snow leopard. The 2019 summit of the Global Snow Leopard and Ecosystem Protection Program (GSLEP) was held in New Delhi
Share your Results: