1. As per 20th Livestock Census -2019, state with highest number of livestock is:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Among the States, Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of livestock of 67.8 million (68.7 million in 2012), followed by Rajasthan 56.8 million (57.7 million), Madhya Pradesh: 40.6 million (36.3 million) and West Bengal: 37.4 million (30.3 million). While cattle accounted for 35.94 per cent of total livestock in the country, goats accounted for 27.80 per cent, buffaloes: 20.45 per cent, sheep: 13.87 per cent and pigs: 1.69 per cent.
2. Who among the following has been appointed as new Director-General of National Security Guard (NSG)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Anup Kumar Singh as the new Director-General of National Security Guard (NSG), also known as ‘black cats commando’ force.
3. Carnot Prize is related to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
4. In which year Azad Hind Government was formed? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Azad Hind Government, founded on 21st October, 1943 at Singapore was inspired by Neta ji Subhash Chandra Bose who was the leader of Azad Hind Government and also the Head of State of this Provisional Indian Government-in-exile. It was a part of the freedom movement, originating in 1940s outside India with a purpose of allying with Axis powers to free India from British rule. The Azad Hind Government had then been recognised by 11 countries and it had its embassies in other countries too. Japan provided the Andaman and Nicobar islands to this temporary government, later these islands were renamed Shaheed Island (Andaman) and Swaraj Island Note: Recently 76th anniversary of Azad Hind Movement was commemorated at Red Fort, Delhi
5. Price Stabilization Fund (PSF) is placed under:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Price Stabilization Fund (PSF) was set up in 2014-15 under the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Famers Welfare (DAC&FW) to help regulate the price volatility of important agri-horticultural commodities like onion, potatoes and pulses were also added subsequently. The PSF scheme was transferred from DAC&FW to the Department of Consumer Affairs (DOCA) in 2016. The scheme provides for maintaining a strategic buffer of afore mentioned commodities for subsequent calibrated release to moderate price volatility and discourage hoarding and unscrupulous speculation. For building such stock, the scheme promotes direct purchase from farmers/farmers’ association at farm gate/Mandi. The PSF is utilized for granting interest free advance of working capital to Central Agencies, State/UT Governments/Agencies to undertake market intervention operations. Apart from domestic procurement from farmers/wholesale mandis, import may also be undertaken with support from the Fund.
6. Bhitarkanika National Park is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
7. Recently which space agency conducted First all-women spacewalk conducted outside International Space Station? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
NASA astronauts Jessica Meir and Christina Koch made history when they ventured outside International Space Station (ISS) for first ever all women spacewalk. It was the first time in more than half a century of space exploration that two women astronauts walked in space together. Note: In 1984, Russia’s Svetlana Savitskaya became the first woman to fly to space twice, and the first woman to perform a spacewalk.
8. India Myanmar Naval Exercise called IMNEX-2019 was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The India Myanmar Naval Exercise called IMNEX-2019 is being organised in Visakhapatnam from 19 to 22 October in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
9. 2019 World Statistics Day is celebrated on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Statistics Day was an international day celebrated for the first time on 20 October 2010 worldwide. World Statistics Day is celebrated every five years Theme: Better Data, Better Lives. Note: India celebrates Statistics Day on 29th June, on the birthday of the legend statistician Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis.
10. Consider following statements with regard to India–Myanmar–Thailand Trilateral Highway? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
11. The city of Mosul is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
12. Consider the following statements:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has moved down 10 places to rank 68th on the annual global competitiveness index, largely due to improvements witnessed by several other economies. Singapore, meanwhile, has replaced the US as the world’s most competitive economy. India, which was ranked 58th in the annual Global Competitiveness Index, compiled by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF), is among the worst-performing BRICS nations along with Brazil (ranked even lower than India at 71 this year).
13. Ekuverin is a Joint Military Exercise between India and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Force participated in a Joint Military Exercise called ‘Ekuverin’ at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
14. What is the rank of India in 2019 World Giving Index (WGI)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India ranks 82 among the 128 countries in 2019 World Giving Index. It is surveyed by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF), an international organisation that promotes giving to transform lives and communities across the world. According to the WGI, USA stood at the top followed Myanmar, New Zealand and Australia. Others in the top ten countries included Ireland, Canada, UK, Sri Lanka and Indonesia.
15. Tulagi Island, is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A Chinese company “Sam Enterprise Group” has signed a secretive deal with the government of the Solomon Islands to lease an entire Tulagi island for up to 75 years but the status of the lease remains unclear since it is a non-binding agreement. The deal was signed just a few days after the Solomon Islands abandoned Taiwan and began diplomatically recognizing Chinese aid and investment to flow. The purpose of the deal is to establish a Pacific military base on a strategic gateway to Australia.
16. Which state has become the first Indian state to provide maternity benefits in the private educational sector? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Kerala has become the first state to bring private schools and colleges under the ambit of the Act. Note: The Maternity Benefit Act regulates the employment of women in certain establishments for a specific period before and after child-birth and provides for maternity and certain other benefits. It provides protection to women during the time of maternity and also gives women the cover of maternity benefit — to be absent from work without loss of pay while taking care of the child. While the original Act of 1961 authorises women paid leave of 12 weeks, the amendment in 2017 extended it to 26 weeks.
Share your Results: