1. Innovating for Clean Air Initiative is jointly launched by India and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Innovating for Clean Air Initiative is a two year program jointly launched by India & UK in Bengaluru that would provide a unique air quality measurement system by integrating satellite and sensor data and support India’s transition to Electric Vehicles (EVs). The initiative – Innovating for Clean Air (IfCA) will identify innovations having potential to improve air quality and contribute to a more detailed localised map of the air quality of Bengaluru through the unique combination of satellite and sensor data, including both on-the-ground and mobile data. The programme will identify relevant challenges around EV-charging infrastructure, grid management and integrating renewable energy to ensure a sufficient, reliable and clean source of power. It will also facilitate opportunities for Indian and UK innovators to collaborate in developing long-lasting relationships to address these challenges. The programme is led by Innovate UK — part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) — and is funded by the Newton Fund with matched resources from various key partners in Karnataka and India, like Indian Institute of Science, Enzen, Project Lithium, Confederation of Indian Industries, C40 Cities and Clean Air Platform
2. Who among the following wins 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Senior Indian journalist Ravish Kumar was awarded this year’s Ramon Magsaysay Award, regarded as the Asian version of the Nobel Prize. The four other winners of the 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award are Ko Swe Win from Myanmar, Angkhana Neelapaijit from Thailand, Raymundo Pujante Cayabyab from Philippines and Kim Jong-Ki from South Korea. Ramon Magsaysay Award Established in 1957, the Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s highest honour. It celebrates the memory and leadership example of the third Philippine president after whom the award is named, and is given every year to individuals or organisations in Asia who manifest the same selfless service and transformative influence that ruled the life of the late and beloved Filipino leader.
3. Which Indian state has signed an MoU with the Survey of India to organize Mapping of Village areas by drones? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Survey of India ,the national mapping agency of the country under the Min of Science & Technology has signed an MoU with Department of revenue & Land records, Govt of Maharashtra to undertake the Large scale Mapping of Village Gaothan (Aabadi) areas in the State of Maharashtra using drones.
4. As per recent report of World Bank, what is the rank of India in global GDP rankings? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has slipped to the seventh position in the global GDP rankings during 2018 after the UK and France overtook the country The first four positions are held by the United States, China, Japan and Germany
5. Recently RN Ravi was sworn in as the new Governor of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
6. Which of the following countries have inked an agreement to set up a joint venture company called Khanij Bidesh India Ltd (KABIL)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
National Aluminium Company Ltd (Nalco), Hindustan Copper Ltd and Mineral Exploration Co Ltd (MECL) have inked an agreement to set up a 40:30:30 joint venture company called Khanij Bidesh India Ltd (KABIL). “The objective of constituting KABIL is to ensure a consistent supply of critical and strategic minerals to the domestic market. While KABIL will ensure the mineral security of the nation, it will also help in realising the overall objective of import substitution
7. Who among the following has been appointed as chairman of Airports Authority of India? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
8. SUPARCO is the official space agency of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) is an executive and bureaucratic space agency of the Government of Pakistan. It is responsible for the nation's public and civil space programme and for aeronautics and aerospace research. It is in news because the space agency has recently announced that it will send its first astronaut to space in 2022 using ally China's satellite launching facilities. Pakistan’s decision came as India on July 22 successfully launched its second lunar mission Chandrayaan 2.
9. To curb air pollution, Indian Army launches e-cars in which of the following city? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
In its bid to combat air pollution in the national capital, the Indian Army has launched an ecological friendly initiative to use ‘e-cars’ for its officials based in New Delhi. The initiative is in partnership with Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) and is a joint venture of the central PSUs under the Ministry of Power
10. In which of the following states ‘one nation, one ration card’ was launched on a pilot basis? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Central government’s initiative ‘one nation, one ration card’ was launched on a pilot basis in the four states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat and Maharashtra. With this, the inter-State ration card portability work has been taken up, in which one can get their ration cards easily ported if those are linked to their Aadhaar cards.
11. On which of the following dates Instrument of Accession of Jammu and Kashmir to India was signed? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
‘Instrument of Accession of Jammu and Kashmir to India’ was signed by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Maharaja Hari Singh on 26 October 1947
12. Which of the following launched 3d Mobile video game A Cut Above.? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian Air Force (IAF) has launched 3D air-borne combat based mobile video game called ‘Indian Air Force: A cut above’. It was launched by Air Chief Marshal B. S. Dhanoa. It is aimed at making youth aware about IAF and encourage them to join the armed forces. It will also provide gamers virtual experience of airborne combats. It is second such video game launched by IAF, earlier it had Guardians of the Skies’ in 2014 It has been developed by Delhi-based Threye Interactive, which earlier also had made similar game “Guardians of Skies” for IAF in 2014.
13. Who among the following takes charge as Narcotics Control Bureau chief? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
IPS officer Rakesh Asthana took charge as the chief of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in an "additional" capacity. He is already serving as the DG of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS). About NCB: The Narcotics Control Bureau is the nodal drug law enforcement and intelligence agency of India responsible for fighting drug trafficking and the abuse of illegal substances. NCB is affiliated to Home Ministry, which was made responsible for administering The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985
14. Which of the following launched ‘Samarth’ to empower Indian artisans, weavers and craftsmen? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Flipkart, India’s leading e-commerce marketplace launched ‘Flipkart Samarth’ – a breakthrough initiative aimed at bringing India’s artisans, weavers, and handicrafts producers onto e-commerce. The initiative was launched by Minister of state for Finance & Corporate Affairs Anurag Singh Thakur along with Flipkart CEO Kalyan Krishnamurthy
15. In which year Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSCO) Act was enacted? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Parliament passed Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Amendment) Bill, 2019 to provide stricter punishments for child sex abuse. The bill increases minimum punishment for Penetrative sexual assault offence from 7 years to 10 years. It also provides for with imprisonment between 20 years to life, with fine if person commits penetrative sexual assault on child below age of 16 years.
Share your Results: