1. Recently which country unveils South Asia’s tallest tower? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Sri Lanka unveiled South Asia’s tallest tower, costing over $100 million, 80% of which has been funded by China under the controversial Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
2. What is the name of Web Portal launched by government to Find Your Lost or Stolen Mobile Phone? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Department of Telecommunications (DoT) unveiled a portal in Mumbai which will help mobile phone users trace their stolen or lost mobile phones. The name of the project is called the Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR). It is undertaken by DoT for this purpose. This project is aimed at blocking of reported lost or stolen mobile phones across mobile networks, discouraging their theft, as well as facilitating in tracing of such phones. DoT launched a maritime communications service and revealed VSAT solutions provider Nelco will undertake broadband services in the maritime sector.
3. Which of the following is a Medium Altitude Long Endurance UAV? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Rustom is a Medium Altitude Long Endurance UAV. It is being developed by DRDO for Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force
4. Which of the following is not a part of World Bank group? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The World Bank Group (WBG) is a family of five international organizations. Its five organizations are the 1. International Bank for Reconstruction and Development(IBRD), 2. International Development Association (IDA), 3. International Finance Corporation (IFC), 4. Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency(MIGA) and 5. International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes(ICSID). The first two are sometimes collectively (and confusingly) referred to as the World Bank.
5. Kodiakkarai Wild Life sanctuary is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
6. D. C. Wadhwa v. State of Bihar (1986) is related to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Article 123 of the Constitution authorises the President to promulgate ordinances if a law is “immediately necessary” and at any time, except when both Houses of Parliament are in session. But ordinances aren’t permanent. They lapse unless they are converted into Acts within a specified duration. The Supreme Court addressed it in D. C. Wadhwa v. State of Bihar (1986), when it held that it is unconstitutional to repromulgate ordinances, unless in exceptional circumstances
7. Recently Which of the following region has been renamed as the ‘Kalyana Karnataka’ recently? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yediyurappa made the official proclamation to rename the region as Kalyana Karnataka. The Hyderabad Karnataka region comprises six north-eastern districts of Karnataka: Bidar, Kalaburagi, Koppal, Ballari, Yadgir and Raichur.
8. What is the present strength of Supreme Court judges? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Four Chief Justices of High Courts have been appointed as the Supreme Court judges. With this, the total strength of the Apex court has gone up to the highest ever number of 34. Note: The Parliament had recently increased the number of judges in the Supreme Court from 31 to 34, including the Chief Justice of India.
9.Who among the following has been conferred with Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award 2019? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was conferred the Dr Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award 2019 in Dhaka. The award is instituted in memory of former President A P J Abdul Kalam.
10. Which country won 2019 men’s FIBA World Basketball Championship? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
11. Vinesh Phogat is associated with which of the following sports? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Vinesh Phogat has become first Indian wrestler who qualified for the 2020 Olympics. She got the opportunity after beating American Sarah Hildebrandt in the World Championships in Nur Sultan, Kazakhstan.
Share your Results: