1. World Food Day is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Food Day is celebrated every year around the world on 16 October in honor of the date of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 1945. The day is celebrated widely by many other organizations concerned with food security, including the World Food Programme and the International Fund for Agricultural Development. The theme of World Food Day 2019 was – "Our Actions Are Our Future, Healthy Diets for A #ZeroHunger World" Note: Headquarters of FAO is located in Rome World Food Programme (WFP) is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security
2. Which of the following becomes first airline to use Taxibot on A320 aircraft? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Air India became the first airline in the world to use a Taxibot on a A320 aircraft with passengers on-board. Note: Taxibot is a robot-used aircraft tractor for taxiing an aircraft from parking bay to runway and vice versa.
3. International Day for eradication of Poverty is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is an international observance celebrated every year on October 17throughout the world. Theme: Acting together to Empower Children, their families and Communities to End Poverty
4. World Economic Outlook is published by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Economic Outlook (WEO) is a biennial report published by the International Monetary Fund
5. What is the rank of India in Global Hunger Index? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Global Hunger Index (GHI) is jointly published by Concern worldwide and Welthungerhilfe India is ranked 102 of 117 countries in the Global Hunger Index 2019, behind its neighbours Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh. The GHI score is based on the proportion of country’s child population that is undernourished, children who are under 5 years of age and have insufficient weight for their height, Infant Mortality Rate (IMR under 5 years old children) and children whose height is not commensurate to their age
6. ‘Shinyuu Maitri’ is the name of joint military exercise between India and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Indian Air Force will be carrying out a joint military exercise called ‘Shinyuu Maitri’ with Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) at Air Force Station, Arjan Singh in Panagarh town, West Bengal.
7. Which of the following launched GOAL initiative to digitally mentor 5,000 tribal women in India? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Facebook announced the second phase of its 'GOAL' initiative under which the social networking giant is helping tribal girls from across India to become village-level digital young leaders for their communities
8. Kais Saied has been elected as the president of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
9. Tala hydropower project is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 1,020MW Tala hydroelectric project is the biggest joint project between India and Bhutan. It is a run-of-the-river type hydroelectric power station on the Wangchu River in Chukha District, Bhutan
10. World Students' Day is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Students' Day is marked as the birthday of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. It is observed on Kalam's birthday, 15 October. In 2010 the United Nations declared 15 October "World Students' Day"
11. Which Indian economist has won the 2019 Nobel Economics Prize for study on poverty? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee, his wife Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer jointly won the 2019 Nobel Economics Prize "for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty." Note: Ms Duflo is the 2nd woman to be awarded a Nobel in economics after Elinor Ostrom (2009) and is also the youngest person-ever to receive the Economics Prize
12. Influenza, commonly known as "the flu", is an infectious disease caused by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Influenza, commonly known as "the flu", is an infectious disease caused by an influenza virus. Three of the four types of influenza viruses affect people, Type A, Type B, and Type C. Type D has not been known to infect people, but is believed to have the potential do so
13. Who among the following has been appointed as the president of the Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
K Satish Reddy, Chairman of Dr Reddy’s has been appointed as President of the Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA) for 2019-2021.
14. Who among the following has become the first black woman to won Man Booker Prize for Fiction? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo jointly won the 2019 Booker Prize for Fiction for their novels – ‘The Testament’ and ‘Girl, Woman, Other’, respectively Atwood is the oldest-ever Booker winner, while Evaristo is the first black woman to win since its creation in 1969.
15. In which year National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) was formed?(Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) is an Indian governmental commission, established by an Act of Parliament, the Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act in December 2005, thus is a statutory body. The commission works under the aegis of Min. of Women and Child development, GoI. The Commission began operation a year later in March 2007.
Share your Results: