1. Which of the following is not correct with respect to Commercial paper? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
2. How many members are present in Estimates commite? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Estimates Committee has 30 members and all these members are from Lok Sabha. There is no Rajya Sabha member in Estimates Committee. The members are elected by Lok Sabha members from amongst themselves every year by principles of proportional representation by means of a single transferable vote, so that all parties get due presentation in it. • A minister cannot be elected as member / Chairman of estimates committee. • The chairman is appointed by the Speaker and chairman is always from ruling party or coalition.
3. International Day of Rural Women celebrates every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The United Nations’ (UN) International Day of Rural Women celebrates and honors the role of rural women on October 15 each year. It recognizes rural women’s importance in enhancing agricultural and rural development worldwide. Theme: Rural Women and girls building climate resilience
4. Polio (Poliomyelitis) is a highly infectious:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Poliomyelitis, often called polio or infantile paralysis, is an infectious disease caused by the poliovirus
5. Local Treatment of Urban Sewage Streams for Healthy Reuse, or LOTUS-HR is a joint project between India and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The second phase of an Indo-Dutch project called Local Treatment of Urban Sewage Streams for Healthy Reuse, or LOTUS-HR was launched at Barapullah drain in New Delhi
6. Who among the following has been chosen for 2019 Nobel Prize for Economics? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences awarded the prestigious 2019 Nobel Prize for Economics to Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee, his wife, Esther Duflo, and Michael Kremer of United States for their ‘experimental approach to alleviating global poverty’. Their research will help the world community to understand, address and fight the formidable challenge of poverty. Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo work at Massachusetts Institute of Technology while Michael Kremer is at Harvard University.
7. Which of the following is not correct? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
8. 2019 Booker Prize was won by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 2019 Booker Prize was jointly won by Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo Booker Prize is a literary prize which is awarded each year for the best original novel written in the English language and published in United Kingdom (UK).
9. World Student day is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Student day is observed every year on October 15th to mark the birth anniversary of APJ Abdul Kalam popularly known as Missile man of India
10. Kais Saied is elected as the new President of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Kais Saied is elected as the new President of Tunisia after a landslide victory in recently concluded Presidential runoff
11. Which of the following is not correct? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
12. Who among the following will became new president of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly is all set to become the new president of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
13. ROSHNI which is Centre of Women Collectives led Social Action is technically and financially supported by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development and Lady Irwin College, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for establishing ROSHNI – Centre of Women Collectives led Social Action. ROSHNI is technically and financially supported by UNICEF India serving as a technical support unit at national level for DAY-NRLM and is embedded in the Department of Development Communication and Extension, Lady Irwin College, New Delhi. Roshni aims to work with women collectives for social action on FHNW interventions in alignment with DAY-NRLM Dashasutra strategy and supporting implementation of convergent action plan under POSHAN Abhiyaan. Roshni will learn from Swabhimaan and similar models, and extend support to DAY-NRLM for expanding the scope of FHNW interventions. The Centre will lead knowledge creation, capacity building for scale-up of convergent action plan, learning and re- learning in Swabhimaan sites and provide policy guidance to DAY-NRLM on POSHAN Abhiyaan initiatives.
14. Which of the following does not comes under Phase II of Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves program? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
In line with the integrated energy policy of Government of India, Union Cabinet accorded “in principle” approval for Phase-II SPR program which involves creation of additional 6.5 MMT of storage in underground rock caverns and associated facilities at Chandikhol, Odisha (4.0 MMT) and Padur-II, Karnataka (2.5 MMT).
15. Which of the following is not correct with respect to Central Vigilance commission? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Share your Results: