1. Dharma Guardian is the name of joint military exercise between India and:?(Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India and Japan will be holding a two-week-long joint military exercise called Dharma Guardian-2019 in Mizoram
2. G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance is an initiative of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has joined the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance, a league of 15 of world’s leading city networks and technology governance organisations that will work towards advancing responsible and ethical use of smart city technologies. Note: The G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance was established in June 2019, in conjunction with G20 Summit held in Osaka, Japan
3. Cope India are a series of international Air Force exercises between the Indian Air Force and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
4. Which of the following is not correctly matched? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Para (Special Forces) commonly known as Para SF, is the special force unit of the Indian Army. It is attached to the Parachute Regiment MARCOS, previously named as Marine Commando Force (MCF), is the special forces unit of the Indian Navy created for conducting special operations The Garud Commando Force is the Special Forces unit of the Indian Air Force
5. Who among the following acts as chairman of CSIR? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research abbreviated as CSIR was established by the Government of India in September of 1942 as an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India. The research and development activities of CSIR include aerospace engineering, structural engineering, ocean sciences, life sciences, metallurgy, chemicals, mining, food, petroleum, leather, and environmental science
6. How many member countries are present in UN Human Rights Councils? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
UNHRC is made up of 47 UN member states which are elected by UN General Assembly (UNGA) with specific number of seats allocated for each five region of the globe viz. 1. African States (13 seats), 2. Asia-Pacific States (13 seats), 3. Latin American and Caribbean States (8 seats) 4. Eastern European States (6 seats), and 5. Western European and other States ( 7 seats).
7. Vajra Prahar is the name of joint military exercise between India and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A joint military training exercise “Vajra Prahar” is conducted in Seattle. The exercise is conducted alternately in India and US
8. Which country is affected by Typhoon Hagibis? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Torrential rain and tornado-like winds lashed large parts of Japan, as the country was hit by Typhoon Hagibis.
9. Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav will be held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The flagship and premier festival of Ministry of Culture, the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is to be conducted in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. It is a part of the Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat initiative
10. What is the rank of India in 2019 Global Hunger Index? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India was ranked 102th out of 119 qualifying countries in the 2018 Global Hunger Index (GHI). The GHI indicates the level of hunger and undernutrition worldwide.
11. Recently BRICS Culture Ministers’ meeting held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
BRICS Culture Ministers’ meeting held in Curitiba, Brazil.
12. Justice Verma Committee is related to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Justice Verma Committee was constituted to recommend amendments to the Criminal Law so as to provide for quicker trial and enhanced punishment for criminals accused of committing sexual assault against women. The Committee submitted its report on January 23, 2013.
13. What is the theme of 2019 International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
International Day for Disaster Reduction, held every 13 October The overall theme of the International Day for Disaster Reduction (IDDR) in 2019 is Reduce disaster damage to critical infrastructure and disruption of basic services which is Target (c) of the Sendai Framework which aims at ‘reducing disaster economic losses in relation to global GDP by 2030’ Note: Sendai Framework is an international Treaty that was approved by UN member states in March 2015 at Third World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan. It is voluntary and non-binding treaty which recognizes that UN member State has primary role to reduce disaster risk The Sendai Framework sets four specific priorities for action: • Understanding disaster risk; • Strengthening disaster risk governance to manage disaster risk; • Investing in disaster risk reduction for resilience; • Enhancing disaster preparedness for effective response, and to "Build Back Better" in recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction. To support the assessment of global progress in achieving the outcome and goal of the Sendai Framework, seven global targets have been agreed
14. World Youth Chess Championship 2019 was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The World Youth Chess Championship concluded in Mumbai, Maharashtra. India ended the World Youth Chess Championship by bagging 7 medals including 1 gold and 3 silver and 3 bronze medals
15. 2019 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships 2019 was hosted by Ulan-Ude, Russia India’s Debutant Manju Rani (48kg) scripted history as she became the first Indian woman boxer in 18 years to enter the finals of Women’s World Boxing Championship in her maiden appearance.
Share your Results: