1. Which of the following is not correct with respect to 10th Agricultural census? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
First Agricultural census was conducted with reference year 1970-71. The census is conducted every five years to collect data on structural aspects of operational holdings in the country. Tenth First Agricultural census was conducted with reference year 2015-16. Some key facts from tenth Agricultural census: • Total area under farming: 157.14 million hectares • Total number of operational holdings-146 million • State with largest number of operational holdings-Uttar Pradesh • Average size of land holdings-1.08 hectares • Among operated or farmed areas, Rajasthan topped the list • Percentage of land holders who are women-13.87% • The average size of operational holdings is highest in Nagaland (5 hectares) and lowest in Kerala (0.18 hectares)
2. Jair Bolsonaro is the president of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has accepted Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s invitation to be Chief Guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations in 26 January 2020. Prime Minister Modi met Bolsonaro on the sidelines of 11th BRICS Summit, which is being held in Brasilia
3. Kanha National Park is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Kanha Tiger Reserve, also called Kanha National Park, is one of the tiger reserves of India and the largest national park of Madhya Pradesh
4. Who among the following popularly known as India’s Einstein? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Renowned mathematician Vashishtha Narayan Singh, who came to be known as India’s Einstein passed away in Patna
5. Who among the following has been elected as Honorary Trustee of New York City’s The Metropolitan Museum of Art? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Nita Ambani has been named the Honorary Trustee of New York City’s The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the largest U.S. art museum. In the museum’s 150-year of history, she is the first Indian Trustee.
6. Headquarters of International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Headquarters of Interpol is located in Lyon, France
7. Who among the following has won BRICS-Young Innovator Prize? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India’s Ravi Prakash has won the BRICS-Young Innovator Prize at 4th BRICS -Young Scientist Forum’s Conclave held in Brazil.
8. Border Roads Organization (BRO) is present under:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
9. Which of the following launched called ‘Swachh- Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan’? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has launched a mass cleanliness-cum-awareness drive in 50 identified beaches under the programme called ‘Swachh- Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan’ The purpose of the initiative is to strive to make coastal areas across the country clean and to create awareness amongst citizens about the importance of coastal ecosystems so as to save marine creatures from plastic waste, industrial effluents and other harmful substances.
10. In India National Legal Services Day (NLSD) is celebrated on? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
National Legal Services Day (NLSD) is celebrated every year on 9th of November to make people aware of the various provisions under the Legal Services
11. National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) is India’s first railway university located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) is India’s first railway university located in Vadodara, Gujarat.
12. India’s first elephant memorial Set up in? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
To honour elephants that passed away due to trafficking & abuse, India’s first elephant memorial has been launched by India-based conservation charity Wildlife SOS in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
13. Long Walk to Freedom is an autobiography of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
14. Headquarters of Bank for International Settlements is located in? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international financial institution owned by central banks which "fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks". The BIS carries out its work through its meetings, programmes and through the Basel Process – hosting international groups pursuing global financial stability and facilitating their interaction. It also provides banking services, but only to central banks and other international organizations. It is based in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong and Mexico City
15. Which country space agency is associated with Hayabusa2 spacecraft? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
After departing from a distant asteroid, Japan's Hayabusa2 spacecraft started its year-long journey home after successfully completing its mission to bring back soil samples and data that could provide clues to the origins of the solar system Hayabusa2 made two touchdowns on the asteroid and successfully collected data and samples during its 1½-year mission since arriving there in June 2018. The spacecraft is expected to return to Earth in late 2020 and drop a capsule containing the precious samples in the Australian desert.
Share your Results: