1. In 2019, World Sanskrit Divas 2019 will be observed on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
World Sanskrit Divas 2019 will be observed on 15 August 2019 this year. It is celebrated every year on Shravana Purnima that is on full moon day in the month of Shravana according to the Hindu calendar. It was first time celebrated in 1969 and is a day full of seminars and events talking about the importance and positive points about Sanskrit.
2. For how many years Sheila Dikshit served as chief minister of New Delhi? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Sheila Dikshit served as chief minister of New Delhi for a period of 15 years from 1998 to 2013. She wrote a book with name Citizen Delhi: My Times, My Life
3. Recently ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple gets GI tag. The temple is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The famous Palani panchamirtham, given as ‘prasadam’ at the Murugan temple there, has been granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag. This is the first time a temple ‘prasadam’ from Tamil Nadu has been bestowed with the GI tag. The panchamirtham is a combination of five natural substances — banana, jaggery, cow ghee, honey and cardamom. Dates and diamond sugar candies are added for flavour. The panchamirtham is an ‘abhishega prasadam’ (food that is a religious offering), which is served in a semi-solid state. It is sweet in taste and one of the main offerings for Lord Dhandayuthapani Swamy, the presiding deity of Arulmigu Dhandayuthapani Swamy Temple, situated on Palani Hills.
4. Which of the following launched CORAS protection force? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Union Ministry of Railways launched CORAS (Commando for Railway Security) of Indian Railways. It is separate Commando Unit of Railway Protection Force (RPF). It has been carved out from motivated and willing young staff of Railway Protection Force (RPF) and Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF).
5. Which state’s High Court asks lawyers to not use 'my lord' while addressing judges? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Rajasthan High Court asked lawyers to stop the practice of addressing judges as “my lord" and “your lordship".
6. Recently AP government constituted Cabinet sub-committee to deal with the issues connected with Naxalite problems in the state. The committee is headed by? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
AP state government issued an order for reconstituting the high-power Cabinet sub-committee under the chairmanship of Finance Minister Buggana Rajendranath Reddy to take decisions on the issues connected with Naxalite problems in the state. Ministers of Home, Revenue, Tribal Welfare and Roads and Buildings departments were included in the committee. Principal Secretary (GAD Political) will be the convener of the committee.
7. Which of the following ministry launched SAMARTH scheme? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs gave its approval for the ‘Samarth’ Scheme for Capacity Building in Textile Sector (SCBTS) from 2017-18 to 2019-20 to meet the skill requirements of textiles industry. The scheme aims at skill development of 10 lakh youth up to 2020 with a projected outlay of Rs 1300 crore Sixteen states have signed pacts with the Ministry of Textiles to partner with it for skilling about four lakh workers as part of the 'Samarth’ scheme
8. Who among the following has been appointed as Director of National Institute of Health and Family Welfare? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Harshad Pandurang Thakur was appointed as Director of National Institute of Health and Family Welfare.
9. The book 'Relentless is an Autobiography of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
10. Jang-e-Azadi Memorial is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Jang-e-Azadi Memorial is a memorial and museum being built in Kartarpur of Punjab, India, in memory of contribution and sacrifices made by the Punjabi community in Indian independence movement. On the occasion of 73rd Independence Day, Chief Minister of Punjab Amarinder Singh dedicated 3rd phase of ‘Jung-E-Azadi’ memorial to people who were killed in Jallianwala Bagh massacre
11. As per National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, which city tops in per capita waste generation? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
12. Which country announced the launch of a pilot project for Paperless passports ? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Canada and the Netherlands have announced the launch of a pilot project for paperless Paperless passports
13. Which Bank unveils Al chatbot ABHi? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Andhra Bank launched its Artificial Intelligence interactive assistant — ABHi
14. UK Electric Mobility Forum 2019 was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
15. Researchers from which institute develop process to get bone implant material from eggshells? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Researchers from Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad (IIT-H) and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, have developed process of synthesizing bone implant materials from eggshells. Through this process bone substitute materials such as tricalcium phosphate, a commonly-used bone substitute material can be produced from natural sources.
16. With respect to Governor of states, select wrongly matched pair:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
17. 2019 Wimbledon men’s single title won by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
2019 Wimbledon Men’s single title won by Novak Djokovic 2019 Wimbledon Women’s single title won by Simona Halep (Romania)
18. Who among the following wins gold at Yasar Dogu International? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian wresteler Vinesh Phogat won her second consecutive gold in 53kg, winning the Yasar Dogu International with a commanding victory over Russia's Ekaterina Poleshchuk
19. Shiva Thapa is associated with which of the following sports? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Shiva Thapa is an Indian boxer from Guwahati, Assam Shiva Thapa won the gold medal in the 63kg category at President's Cup;
Share your Results: