1. How many countries have its own national standard on the bulletproof jacket? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has started exporting bulletproof jackets as per its own standards to over 100 countries including European nations. India is the fourth country after the US, UK and Germany to have its own national standard on the bulletproof jacket which provides 360-degree protection.
2. Who among the following has been chosen as brand ambassador for PepsiCo sports drink brand Gatorade? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
PepsiCo India has roped in India’s star athlete Hima Das as the brand ambassador for its sports drink brand Gatorade
3. Who among the following has been conferred with Order of Zayed II medal by UAE? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The President, Sheikh Khalifa, conferred the Order of Zayed II first class on Navdeep Suri, the departing Indian ambassador to the UAE.
4. Who among the following has been appointed as the head of the UN mission in Hodeidah? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed Lieutenant General (Retired) Abhijit Guha as the head of the UN mission in Hodeidah, Yemen
5. Headquarters of International Criminal Court is located in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
International Criminal Court (ICC or ICCt) is an intergovernmental organization and international tribunal that sits in The Hague in the Netherlands. The ICC has the jurisdiction to prosecute individuals for the international crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. The ICC began functioning on 1 July 2002, the date that the Rome Statute entered into force. The Rome Statute is a multilateral treaty which serves as the ICC's foundational and governing document. States which become party to the Rome Statute, for example by ratifying it, become member states of the ICC. Currently, there are 123 states which are party to the Rome Statute and therefore members of the ICC. India is not a signatory to the Rome Statute.
6. Index of Industrial Production is compiled and published by Central Statistical office in: (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Base year for calculation of IIP- (2011-12) IIP covers 407 item groups. Sector wise, the items included falls into 3 categories viz. Manufacturing (405 items), Mining (1 items) & Electricity (1). The weights of the three sectors are 77.63%, 14.37%, 7.9% respectively
7. Which country launched humanoid robot Fedor to International Space station? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The humanoid robot Fedor, the first from Russia sent into orbit, reached the International Space Station. Short for Final Experimental Demonstration Object Research, Fedor can be operated manually by ISS astronauts wearing robotic exoskeleton suits. The robot mirrors their movements
8. Which state government launched ‘Mukhya Mantri Dal Poshit Yojana’? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched a scheme called ‘Mukhya Mantri Dal Poshit Yojana’ to provide state ration card holders two kilograms of two different varieties of pulses available at prices much lower than the market rate.
9. Which country won the award for ‘Exceptional stories of sustainable tourism’ at the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Chile won the award for ‘Exceptional stories of sustainable tourism’ at the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019
10. India’s 2nd riverine Multi-Modal terminal (MMT) in built on which river? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation India’s second riverine Multi-Modal terminal (MMT) built on Ganga at Sahibganj in Jharkhand
11. Which of the following is not correctly matched with respect to MUDRA scheme? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The objective of MUDRA scheme is to refine collateral-free loans given by the lenders to small borrowers. It has a corpus of Rs 20,000 crore and has the provision of lending from Rs 50,000 to Rs 10 lakh to small entrepreneurs. THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF LOANS UNDER PMMY: • Loans up to Rs 50,000 are categorized as SHISHU • Loans from Rs 50,001 to Rs 5 lakh are categorized as KISHORE • Loans from Rs 5,00,001 to Rs 10 lakh are categorized as TARUN
12. Which country has become first in Asia to roll out plain cigarette packaging? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
13. Which of the following convention deals with Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction or Hague Abduction Convention is a multilateral treaty developed by the Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH) that provides an expeditious method to return a child internationally abducted by a parent from one member country to another.
14. Who among the following was the author of 'Savarkar: Echoes from a forgotten past'? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
15. NITI Aayog roped with which company for first digital capability centre? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
McKinsey & Company has secured a contract from the NITI Aayog to set up India's first digital capability centre (DCC) at New Delhi
16. In which year ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) was established? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand. It was established with the signing of an ASEAN Declaration (Bangkok Declaration) by the ministers of the founding countries.
Share your Results: