1. International Day for Disaster Reduction is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
International Day for Disaster Reduction began in 1989, after a call by the United Nations General Assembly for a day to promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction. Held every 13 October, the day celebrates how people and communities around the world are reducing their exposure to disasters and raising awareness about the importance of reining in the risks that they face. 2019 Theme: Reduce disaster damage to critical infrastructure and disruption of basic services
2. Registrar General and Census Commissioner works under:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
3. The 2021 Census of India will be:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 2021 Census of India, also the 16th Indian Census, will be taken in 2021. The 15th Indian Census taken in 2011, attempted to estimate the population based on Socio-Economic and Caste Status for the first time since 1931. However, as the enumeration was based on recording the respondents' declaration, it led to creation of hundreds of thousands of caste/subcaste categories. For the 16th Indian census, the government is instead considering enumeration based on a list of OBCs notified by each state
4. Horizon 2020 is a joint project by Indian government and:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Union Government and European Union (EU) have collaborated for research programme named Horizon 2020 to develop Next Generation Influenza Vaccine to protect citizens across the globe
5. Which of the following launched mHariyali mobile application? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The mHariyali mobile application was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to encourage public engagement in planting trees and Green drives. The application provides automatic geo – tagging of plants.
6. First Bilateral Exercise between Navies of India and Bangladesh was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The first ever bilateral exercise between the navies of Bangladesh and India is taking place in Visakhapatnam
7. Which space agency launched icon satellite to study dynamic ionosphere of earth? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
NASA has successfully launched a satellite, Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON) that will study the earth’s ionosphere. This is an active layer of the atmosphere that grows or shrinks depending on the energy that it absorbs from the Sun and it is 80 to 1,000 km above the Earth's surface.
8. What is the rank of India in 2019 Henley Passport Index? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Henley Passport Index is the original ranking of all the world's passports according to the number of destinations their holders can access without a prior visa. Japan ranked first in Passport Index. Japanese citizens have access to 190 countries visa-free or with a visa-on-arrival, having gained visa-free access to Myanmar earlier this month. India has secured 86th spot on the 2019 Henley Passport Index, with visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 60 destinations.
9. Singphan wildlife sanctuary is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
10. Recently PM Modi – Chinese President Xi Informal Summit was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
11. What is the rank of India in World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has moved down 10 places to rank 68th on the annual global competitiveness index, largely due to improvements witnessed by several other economies. Singapore, meanwhile, has replaced the US as the world’s most competitive economy. India, which was ranked 58th in the annual Global Competitiveness Index, compiled by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF), is among the worst-performing BRICS nations along with Brazil (ranked even lower than India at 71 this year).
12. Which company’s Mutual Fund has been renamed as Nippon India Mutual Fund (NIMF)? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
13. Who among the following has been chosen for 2018 Nobel Prize in Literature? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Norwegian Nobel Committee awarded Olga Tokarczuk with the 2018 Nobel Prize in Literature. On the other hand, Austrian author Peter Handke was awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize for Literature. Note: The Nobel Prize in Literature was postponed for the first time in 70 years in 2018 due to the sexual assault scandal wherein Katarina Frostenson, one of the Academy members resigned due to the sexual assault charges against her husband Jean-Claude Arnault.
14. Which of the following launched Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme – DHRUV? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme- 'DHRUV', a 14 day learning programme, has been launched from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Headquarters at Bengaluru by Ministry of HRD Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme is being started to identify and encourage talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge. The programme is called DHRUV (after the Pole Star) and every student to be called 'DHRUV TARA'.
15. World Mental Health Day (WMHD) is observed every year on:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Share your Results: