1. India has recently submitted proposals to boost to protection status of how many wildlife species at CITES? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India has recently submitted proposals regarding changes to the listing of five wildlife species viz. smooth-coated otter, small-clawed otter, Indian star tortoise, Tokay gecko, wedgefish and Indian rosewood in the CITES secretariat meeting in Geneva, Switzerland. About CITES: CITES is a multilateral treaty to protect endangered plants and animals. It was drafted as a result of a resolution adopted in 1963 at a meeting of members of the International Union for Conservation of Nature. The convention was opened for signature in 1973 and CITES entered into force on 1 July 1975 The headquarters of CITES is at Washington DC.
2. Which state government has announced to waive loans taken by tribals from money-lenders? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
3. Which Bank launches India's first health-focused credit card? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Private sector RBL Bank and digital healthcare platform Practo have partnered to launch an industry first co-branded health credit card. This credit card is powered by Mastercard and is available on both Practo and RBL mobile apps and websites.
4. Karnavati Express runs between Mumbai and? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Indian Railways introduced on-board shopping in train for passengers travelling in the Ahmedabad-Mumbai Karnavati Express
5. Who among the following has been appointed as new director of prosecution in the Central Bureau of Investigation? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Sudha Rani Relangi, who is currently serving as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Law and Justice, has been appointed as new director of prosecution in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for a period of two years.
6. Ghataprabha, Malaprabha, Bhima, Tungabhadra are the tributaries of:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Krishna River or Krishnaveni is one of the longest rivers in Peninsular India. It is the fourth largest river in India after the Ganga, Godavari and the Narmadha. The principal tributaries joining Krishna are the Ghataprabha, Malaprabha, Bhima, Tungabhadra and Musi River. Note: ‘Agumbe’ which receives second highest rainfall (7,620 mm mean annual) in India, is located in the Krishna river bas
7. Reliance Jio has partnered with which company to accelerate digital transformation in India? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Reliance Jio has partnered with Microsoft to accelerate digital transformation in India. Under the deal, Microsoft will bring in the Azure Cloud on Jio Network targetting the enterprise and business users seeking a technological shift.
8. In which of the following cities India’s first clinical ecotoxicology facility has launched? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Recently AIIMS, Delhi, launched a clinical ecotoxicology facility, a first-of-its-kind in India, to investigate increasing cases of diseases resulting from exposure to environmental toxins contaminating water, food and air. The new facility will provide diagnostic consultation as well as research services to all the clinical departments dealing with diseases due to ecotoxicity. Note: Ecotoxicology is a branch of science that deals with the nature, effects, and interactions of substances that are harmful to the environment, on ecological entities, i.e. populations, communities or ecosystems
9. As per World Meteorological Organization, which was the hottest ever month? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
July 2019 was the hottest ever month on record, announced by World Meteorological Organization (WMO) It was based on a new report from the European Union's Copernicus Climate Change Programme.
10. The researchers at which IIT have designed a system to recycle urine? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The researchers at IIT Madras have designed a system titled ‘Project Water Chakra’ to recycle human urine. The project won the Indian Innovation Growth Programme 2.0 award.
11. As per India State of Forest Report (ISFR), forest and tree cover in India is: ? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
India’s geographical area (24.49 %) is under forest and tree cover. Top 3 States with maximum Forest cover (in terms of area): Madhya Pradesh (77,414 sq km) Arunachal Pradesh (66,964 sq km) and Chhattisgarh (55,547 sq). Top states with highest Forest cover in terms of percentage geographical area: Lakshadweep with (90.33%), Mizoram (86.27%) and Andaman & Nicobar Islands (81.73%)
12. Which cricket board has launched transgender and gender diverse policy? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Cricket Australia has recently launched new transgender inclusive policy to ensure transgender and gender-diverse people can take part in the game at the highest level in Australia.
13. Bajrang Punia is associated with which of the following sports? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Bajrang Punia won gold in the 65 Kilogram category at Tbilisi Grand Prix Wrestling tournament. It is 4th gold of the season for the Asian Games champion Bajrang after standing atop the podium at Dan Kolov, Asian Championship and Ali Aliev tournament.
Share your Results: