1. Recently government has constituted a 3-member committee to oversee the bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir. The committee is headed by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
A three-member panel has been formed by the Union Government to oversee the implementation of bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir into two Union Territories. The 3-member advisory committee will be headed by former defence secretary Sanjay Mitra and its members include retired IAS officer Arun Goyal and retired Indian Civil Accounts Service officer Giriraj Prasad.
2. Who among the following confers Visitor’s Awards? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The President of India, in his capacity as Visitor of the Central Universities, annually confers Visitor’s Awards to promote healthy competition amongst Central Universities and motivate them to adopt best practices from around the world in pursuit of excellence.
3. Which of the following is not correct with respect to legislative council (Vidhan Parishad) of a state? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
MLCs are chosen in the following manner: 1. One third are elected by members of local bodies such as municipalities, gram sabhas/gram panchayats, panchayat samitis and Zila Parishads. 2. One third are elected by members of Legislative Assemblies of the State from among the persons who are not members of the Assembly. 3. One sixth are nominated by the governor from persons having knowledge or practical experience in fields such as literature, science, arts, the co-operative movement and social service. 4. One twelfth are elected by persons who are graduates of three years' standing residing in that state. 5. One twelfth are elected by persons engaged for at least three years in teaching in educational institutions within the statenot lower than secondary schools, including colleges and universities. Note: Minimum age required to become MLC-30 years
4. Pangong Tso Lake is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Pangong Tso, Tibetan for "high grassland lake", also referred to as Pangong Lake, is an endorheic lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m. It is 134 km long and extends from India to the Tibetan Autonomous Region, China.
5. Lippa Asrang Wildlife Sanctuary is located in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
6. National Conference on Crop residue Management was held in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Note: A multilingual Mobile App called ‘CHC Farm Machinery’ for the farmers during a conference on National Conference on Crop residue Management held in New Delhi
7. Cassini–Huygens mission is related to:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Cassini–Huygens mission commonly called Cassini, was a collaboration between NASA, the European Space Agency (ESA), and the Italian Space Agency (ASI) to send a probe to study the planet Saturn and its system, including its rings and natural satellite
8. India sets target to restore 26 million hectares of degraded land by:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi raised India’s target for restoring degraded land from its earlier target of 21 million hectares (MH) to 26 million hectares (MH) by 2030.
9. Asia’s first 5th Generation - VR based Advanced Driver Training simulator centre was launched in:? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
10. Which state government has planned to set up a Time Bank? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
Madhya Pradesh government’s Happiness department has planned to set up a Time Bank. Time Bank: A time bank is a reciprocity-based work trading system in which hours are the currency. With time banking,a person with one skill set can bank and trade hours of work for equal hours of work in another skill set instead of paying or being paid for services. The hours banked are always traded equally regardless of the services rendered. This equality is intended to foster ties in communities and by making all contributions valued equally,it will encourage equality in the communities themselves.
11. Recently UNESCO joined which of the following states to promote state's intangible cultural heritage? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
UNESCO and the Rajasthan government joined hands to promote music, art and craft forms, and other intangible cultural heritage of the state to spur socio-economic growth of several artist communities
12. Which country organized 24th World Energy Congress? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The 24th World Energy Congress (WEC-2019) has started in Abu Dhabi under the patronage of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The theme of this Congress is ‘Energy for Prosperity’, which also represents the ambitious and dynamic energy transition of the country.
13. In which year North Eastern Council was setup? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
North Eastern Council (NEC) is a statutory advisory body constituted under the NEC Act 1971 and came into being on the 7th November, 1972 at Shillong. The eight States of Northeast India viz. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim, are members of the council, with their respective Chief Ministers and Governors representing them. Sikkim was added to the council in the year 2002. The headquarters of the council is situated in Shillong and functions under the ministry of home affairs of the Government of India
14. Scientists from which of the following experiments won 2020 ‘Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics’? (Kalyansir OnlineIAS.com)
The Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) team of 347 scientists has won the 2020 ‘Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics’ for the first image of a super massive black hole
Share your Results: